• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rare silver age comics titles

41 posts in this topic

Nothing is "rare" anyway, if you have enough money you can find any issue.

lol sorry I meant valuable key issues by title

All of this information, in relative terms at least, is available in the Overstreet Price Guide. No one needs to build a list of "valuable key issues by title" because on already exists.

All of this information, in relative terms at least, is available in the Overstreet Price Guide. No one needs to build a list of "valuable key issues by title" because on already exists.

I know but I haven't got my overstreet price guide yet so that's why I'm making this list!

I know but I haven't got my overstreet price guide yet so that's why I'm making this list!

That's kind of silly. Even if everyone here took you seriously (they're not) and pitched in you could only hope (after a ton of work) to match something you can buy for $20. Heck, if you're just looking for reference to keys/valuable books, then buy last year's guide.

New one comes out in a few months. Just saved you $35.

I can't really agree with that, there are some very tough obscure books, and I don't mean tough in grade.

I was limiting my response to marvel and dc list the op started with. But even then, I've never personally run across a sa issue I wasn't able to shake free .. Most obscure issues are rare, but even rarer there is demand for them

I would say some romance silver stuff is rare....but your right not many people are looking for copies either. Some issues of Millie the Model, Love Romances and My Own Romance were hard to find. But none of them would be considered keys....just completists would be looking for these and it seems like we are a dying breed. Most collectors just want to buy the next hot comic that movie hype has infected.

Can you find me copies of Millie the Model #82-84 Rick? :baiting::foryou::wishluck: They are on my new key issues I need list. :cloud9:

Sailor Sweeney. three issues. find any of them.

Sailor Sweeney #12-14 are on my want list. (thumbs u They were published in 1956....I was focusing on collecting every issue from the Atlas implosion (10/57) up right now. Then I guess I will try for 1/1957 up and so on. But you are right....three comics you do not see very much. :frustrated:

Didn't you have one that you were going to sell me cheap? :baiting::foryou:

New one comes out in a few months. Just saved you $35.

thanks!

I'll add it to the list!

I woudnt add add them, they sell for $25-50 in avg condition but have very little demand and don't meet your $1000 criteria of keys.

I'll add it to the list!

I woudnt add add them, they sell for $25-50 in avg condition but have very little demand and don't meet your $1000 criteria of keys.

that's for the golden age for the silver age my criteria is 100-1000 dollars at least since there are more key issues here in this age that are more affordable!

I'll add it to the list!

that's for the golden age for the silver age my criteria is 100-1000 dollars at least since there are more key issues here in this age that are more affordable!

Are you compiling a list of comics to buy for resale? Demand is a huge factor relative to rarity.

I'll add it to the list!

Are you compiling a list of comics to buy for resale? Demand is a huge factor relative to rarity.

yes I'm looking for a list of comics to buy for resale which is why I'm asking for a list that have valuable key issues and asking for there titles instead, I love how you know what I'm getting at gator!

You might want to just browse eBay under Comics/Silverage and hit completed on the left.

It will show you what is selling.

You can look up any title and hit sold.

It's easier than wading through Overstreet and if you are just looking for general ideas of what to look for at garage sales, that kind of stuff, it will show you what people are paying for books.

As several people have said, rare does not always mean people will want a copy.

WTTB.

Here is an example, I used Superman for my search and I sorted it from high sales to low...but you have to look at the lowest sales as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Silver-Age-195669-/73/i.html?_catref=1&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=superman&_sop=3

You might want to just browse eBay under Comics/Silverage and hit completed on the left.

It will show you what is selling.

You can look up any title and hit sold.

It's easier than wading through Overstreet and if you are just looking for general ideas of what to look for at garage sales, that kind of stuff, it will show you what people are paying for books.

As several people have said, rare does not always mean people will want a copy.

WTTB.

yeah I just received my os price guide and it's a confusing mess of comics that's why I want to make a list even more than before

Here is an example, I used Superman for my search and I sorted it from high sales to low...but you have to look at the lowest sales as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Silver-Age-195669-/73/i.html?_catref=1&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=superman&_sop=3

hmmm I wonder who won the estate sale of silver age comics?