• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epic Illustrated fan club

116 posts in this topic

that's a nice collection, don't hesitate on posting come pics of them...

these magazines have always been some of my favourite (dreadstar!).

do you have extras of the last galactus story? i'm missing some of these to complete my collection.

regards

that's a nice collection, don't hesitate on posting come pics of them...

these magazines have always been some of my favourite (dreadstar!).

do you have extras of the last galactus story? i'm missing some of these to complete my collection.

regards

only have the one copy each of the galactus story.

Does anyone has the print numbers for the epic magazines?

regards

anyone?

:hi:

regards

I have searched, I can not find this answer. The magazines do seem to be commonly found.

Some great information here: http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/comic_sales.html

I would assume these to have a below average print run. In 1979 a typical comic sold 100,000 copies, the Epic magazines will be significantly less, say 40-50,000?

thanks for the reply and the link... it has some nice information.

In the past i've tried to get some info regarding the epic magazines, but never found any...

Iin the US they are that easy to find? I tought they would be relativelly "rare", because of the format/ price and the public it was aimed at.

regards

thanks for the reply and the link... it has some nice information.

In the past i've tried to get some info regarding the epic magazines, but never found any...

Iin the US they are that easy to find? I tought they would be relativelly "rare", because of the format/ price and the public it was aimed at.

regards

Well I am in Canada.

By "commonly found" I mean they seem to be available when I search via various online retailers and Ebay. I am not finding the magazines hard to find.

That doesn't mean I am willing to pay the asking price on some of them.

I think all but one of mine were bought for under $2 each, many at a dollar. I've passed on plenty at between $3-$5 each, but have recently had a change of heart about that. I'll pay $3-$5 for a modern at 22 pages, I'll pay that much for a nice mag too. Of course I'd rather pay less, but when I get back to working on that run I won't be passing as often as I had.

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone knows iuf there was a project of repinting thse using the same approach has for the masterworks editions (reprinting, squarebound in full color)?

Would love to have these on a a larger format hardback editions :cloud9:

regards