• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes

1,754 posts in this topic

How blissful your life must be.

It'd be better if CGC actually ever tried to help the hobby instead of squeezing every nickel and dime possible out of it. But I wouldn't expect you to understand, that's your job too.

Whoa bud. Careful - regardless of how one makes a living Joe is a long-standing and well respected member of this community and your punk-a-s-s comments are not welcome.

Sorry, I don't respect someone (anyone) who makes money pressing comics.

I am sure I will lose some sleep over not having you as a friend.

.....I STILL like you, brother. Anytime you're up this way....dinner is on me....so long as it ain't sushi. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It'd be better if CGC actually ever tried to help the hobby instead of squeezing every nickel and dime possible out of it. But I wouldn't expect you to understand, that's your job too.

Whoa bud. Careful - regardless of how one makes a living Joe is a long-standing and well respected member of this community and your punk-a-s-s comments are not welcome.

I am sure I will lose some sleep over not having you as a friend.

.....I STILL like you, brother. Anytime you're up this way....dinner is on me....so long as it ain't sushi. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm already losing sleep...dang alaska summers

charging $30 for a few lines of notes...lol. ridiculous. Making this information available in a structured way, is a step in the right direction, but this information should be free not only to the subber, but to everyone.

They should also make, ALL grading methods transparent....but they won't...and as such they will remain a shady outfit, wide open to taking bribes. (esp. from hi-rollers)

Oh, I'm pretty sure Haspel is well aware of what's going on and Borock doesn't give a mess.

I thought his leave was temporary?

I liked him.

Haspel's is temporary. Borock's gone for good.

Are you sure Borock's not still a CGC consultant or something? Because this latest cash grab/scam seems like something he'd cook up hm

What's your occupation, other than serial shiller?

They should print the graders notes on the microchamber paper inserts. It will be like a fortune cookie and you only find out when you crack it open

Assuming the book you cracked out had microchamber paper.

I'm up because this is the time I typically get up to go to work. You're up because you're full of mess, Mr. Show Stopper.

Can't wait to give you a hug in WW Philly. :hi:

If you approach me physically at the show, a hug will be $5.00.

If I have to walk over to you at the show, a hug will be $10.00.

If you come by my hotel, it will be $25.00 per hug.

If I have to come by your hotel, it will be $35.00 per hug.

Any hugs after show hours, outside of a hotel setting, will be $50.00.

For each additional five second interval you hug me, it will be an additional $5.00.

hm Does that go for everyone?

:wishluck:

No, these introductory rates are only good for Philadelphia.

As of today, the turn around time for a hug is six months. You can reserve a hug for Philadelphia via email with a prepaid, non-refundable deposit. Once paid, you should receive a confirmation in 24 hours... or whenever I get around to sending one out. In all honesty, it's meant as a determent to being hugged. If anyone really wants a hug, at least they will be paying for it.

Well, if the hugs aren`t sincere, I think I`ll just pass. :foryou:

Sincerity costs extra. It's the new black.

I'm just wondering when CGC hired the managers who made Netflix's business decisions last year.

Maybe CGC should split into two business: One that grades the comics, and one that supplies the notes. They can call the latter company Gradester.

lol

Apt metaphor. (thumbs u Netflix realized their mistake rather quickly though...hopefully CGC will as well. :wishluck:

Unfortunately, comics are going to be pressed. With that said, I would rather see Joey doing it, rather than an amateur.

So you've been on the boards for under a month and have such a strong opinion of someone that has been a stand up board member for 5 years? Would love to know your former handle that obviously got booted from here for the same asinine comments you just made.

Crawl back under your rock. This thread has a topic. Stick to it.

So you've been on the boards for under a month and have such a strong opinion of someone that has been a stand up board member for 5 years? Would love to know your former handle that obviously got booted from here for the same asinine comments you just made.

:gossip: He was on the boards before Cal.

:gossip:shhh...... quiet Mike....

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT !! :grin:

We haven't got space here to list all his former handles.

Do you think it's Stu?

Do you think it's Stu?

PM sent!

Do you think it's Stu?

PM sent!
Alley Bat or Stu?

Do you think it's Stu?

PM sent!
Alley Bat or Stu?
I haven't seen alleybat lately.

Oh, I'm pretty sure Haspel is well aware of what's going on and Borock doesn't give a mess.

I thought his leave was temporary?

I liked him.

Haspel's is temporary. Borock's gone for good.

Are you sure Borock's not still a CGC consultant or something? Because this latest cash grab/scam seems like something he'd cook up hm

You know, I don't know a lot about you Stu, but I have heard sides of several stories. I'd made the opinion up that you were probably a pretty reasonable person but the stuff you've been saying here have really opened up my eyes.

You are now coming across as lacking perspective, small minded and quite aggressive and that is something that I have not seen from you in the past.

Borock is one of the nicest people I've ever met in the hobby. I consider him a good friend, and I think I'd see through any sort of a facade if there was one. He's been transparent, honest and generous with his time, his knowledge and his insight about comics and life in general. Not really the type of person that would come across as a person who is here only to squeeze $ out of people.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being able to use knowledge and experience and make an income from it, as long as there is nothing dishonest going on. It's how every business in the world is run.

To insinuate that a cash grab/scam would be something he would do is to imply that he would make an earning dishonestly and that is a steep accusation against anyone, and one that should be made with gravity. Especially against someone that has a pretty good track record in a tightly knit community.

To add, the fact that you took a swipe at other honest and well respected board members, including Joey in this case, just shows me that you are being emotional and not reasonable about your anti-pressing sentiment.

Slighting people because you don't like their choice of occupation is a very slippery slope and making paper more important than people is not a very nice thing to do.

I don't know what it is that triggered your aggressive comments, and maybe there is more to them than can be read at face value but they are not the Stu I thought I knew.

At the very least, the submitter should be able to get the notes for free.

I agree and those prices seem kind of high just for some notes. Couple of bucks tops seems more reasonable IMO if CGC simply must charge.

A new customer of CGC posted earlier today, that he felt his books were graded too low. He would like to know why but, doesn't want to have to pay $15 per book to find out.

I also feel that notes should be free to the submitter. I think CGC needs to rethink this policy.