• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes

1,754 posts in this topic

Just called CGC to check on grader notes for a comic I'm thinking about. He put me on hold for a min and then told me as of today you can get the notes on CGC site by entering the cert #. :whee:

Logged into CGC site, entered cert # than was informed that if I wanted grader notes it would be $15 and billed to my account. :pullhair::facepalm:

Econ, value and modern $5

Standard or Express $15

Walkthrough $30

People have been saying they would pay for that information for years. Let's see if they put their money where their mouth is.

That's kinda cool. I'd probably pay for it on some of my higher-value, lower-grade key books. I think it could be a potential selling point down the road when a guy gets rid of the book, maybe?

That's a bunch of .

You already pay for a service,which is getting the book graded.

Now you have to actually pay more to find out what the defects are?

There is no reason in the world that a print out could not be sent along with the slab.

It would be nice if the list of defects were encased inside the slab.

I just don't understand this business apparently. :facepalm:

nickel-and-Dime.jpg

lol You are such a dilhole. The fact that they have been giving this information out for free so the CPR gang can make phat bank is ridiculous.

So I should pay more for something that ends up saving them money? And I'm the dillhole?

nickel-and-Dime.jpg

lol You are such a dilhole. The fact that they have been giving this information out for free so the CPR gang can make phat bank is ridiculous.

So I should pay more for something that ends up saving them money? And I'm the dillhole?

The fact that they have been giving this information out for free so the CPR gang can make phat bank is ridiculous. Kudos to them for recouping some of the losses their bad business model has cost over the last nine years.

Again, several people have posted that they would happily pay for access to the grader's notes. Let's see who hits the MANNUP button.

At the very least, the submitter should be able to get the notes for free.

+1

They've already paid to have the book graded. Why should they have to pay again?

Why would the submitter need the grader's notes? They had the book in their hands before they submitted it.

At the very least, the submitter should be able to get the notes for free.

+1

They've already paid to have the book graded. Why should they have to pay again?

Why would the submitter need the grader's notes? They had the book in their hands before they submitted it.

Why would they need a grade or a PQ designation? They had the book in hand before they submitted it.

Exactly who is this "CPR gang"?
Where can I make some phat bank? Who says phat anymore?

George Rodriguez (somewhereintexas) said "Haters gonna hate" today. So that phrase is dead now. I'm bringing back phat. Who's with me?