• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SIGNATURE SERIES: JOHN BYRNE
1 1

165 posts in this topic

Disappointment?!? You realize this will most likely be the only time John Byrne will ever do signings for the Signatures Series, right? And here you are with 6 copies of X-Men #108.

So let me know if you would like to trade me for one of your 'rejects' tongue.gif

Disappointment?!? You realize this will most likely be the only time John Byrne will ever do signings for the Signatures Series, right? And here you are with 6 copies of X-Men #108.

So let me know if you would like to trade me for one of your 'rejects' tongue.gif

Keep talking....I'm considering letting go of one of my 9.2s. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

Keep talking....I'm considering letting go of one of my 9.2s. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

You got my list...let me know what interests you...or if you would like, wait till they come in to see the grades.

poke2.gif

You got my list...let me know what interests you...or if you would like, wait till they come in to see the grades.

Any idea when the rest of them will arrive?

You didn't see a MTU 53 or FF 211 at the store yesterday...did you? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BTW- Would you be keeping the 108...or flipping it? yeahok.gif

poke2.gif

Any idea when the rest of them will arrive?

You didn't see a MTU 53 or FF 211 at the store yesterday...did you? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BTW- Would you be keeping the 108...or flipping it? yeahok.gif

I would be keeping it

Yonder... what a fun day it must have been to unpack all your books.

As was said earlier.. "Nice Haul"

Congrats.

Ze-

This was my only disappointment....

Before:

WMLPN-1x-men1089.jpg

After: frown.gif

CGCSSX-MEN1089.jpg

893naughty-thumb.gifI guess your hero handled this one too rough when he signed it.

I guess your hero handled this one too rough when he signed it.

Maybe I should put that in the auction description with the before pic.....

Mishandled by the man himself...JOHN BYRNE!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe the mishandling was due to the fact that the cover sports BOTH a vulgar.. comin at ya crotch shot, tempered by a very NICE peekaboo booty shot. I too might mishandle the book.. it is very disturbing, yet somehow demands attention. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ze-

I guess your hero handled this one too rough when he signed it.

Maybe I should put that in the auction description with the before pic.....

Mishandled by the man himself...JOHN BYRNE!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe the mishandling was due to the fact that the cover sports BOTH a vulgar.. comin at ya crotch shot, tempered by a very NICE peekaboo booty shot. I too might mishandle the book.. it is very disturbing, yet somehow demands attention. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ze-

Ya know...now that you mention it....what the hell is going on with that cover? crazy.gif

But a yellow label isn't as desirable, by most collectors, as a blue one... gossip.giftongue.gif

It really depends on the collector. Speaking for myself only, my collection has moved from being mainly blue labels to a yellow label majority. I also personally know some collectors who abhor anything that defaces a cover such as an autograph, but make that same Signature Series book available for sale with the autograph on the first page and they'll try to buy it. Of course, always assuming they were interested in that particular issue to begin with.

But a yellow label isn't as desirable, by most collectors, as a blue one... gossip.giftongue.gif

It really depends on the collector. Speaking for myself only, my collection has moved from being mainly blue labels to a yellow label majority. I also personally know some collectors who abhor anything that defaces a cover such as an autograph, but make that same Signature Series book available for sale with the autograph on the first page and they'll try to buy it. Of course, always assuming they were interested in that particular issue to begin with.

Be sure to cast your votes here: SIGNATURES:INTERIOR VS. EXTERIOR thumbsup2.gif