• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SIGNATURE SERIES: JOHN BYRNE
1 1

165 posts in this topic

Chris said on Friday... "by this time tomorrow my books will be signed"...

...Peter said he was wrong...

...because they weren't signed by that time on Saturday...

...do you get the punchline yet?

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry, haven't had my caffene yet today.

YOU JUST WISH YOU HAD A PAIR BIG ENOUGH TO GO ON A BENDER

Pete's photo diary of his trip to Columbus:

0501bender6.jpg

Byrne... or Bryne... rhymes with wine.... I like wine!

0501bender7.jpg

Hmmm.... where'd I put those stupid books?

0501bender5.jpg

They gotta be here somewhere. Where are my organizers?

0501bender3.jpg

Nope. Not here...

0501bender9.jpg

Maybe over here? Nope.

0501bender10.jpg

How about over here? Nope. I could swear I just saw them!

0501bender4.jpg

I need to lie down and think... just need to rest...

0501bender8.jpg

Hey bay-bee! I'm up for anything!

0501bender1.jpg

Meanwhile back in Toronto on Monday: Chris? Beyonder?

0501bender2.jpg

Hey, where'd he go? I gotta take a leak.

lol... no offense meant.

Kev

YOU JUST WISH YOU HAD A PAIR BIG ENOUGH TO GO ON A BENDER

Pete's photo diary of his trip to Columbus:

0501bender6.jpg

Byrne... or Bryne... rhymes with wine.... I like wine!

0501bender7.jpg

Hmmm.... where'd I put those stupid books?

0501bender5.jpg

They gotta be here somewhere. Where are my organizers?

0501bender3.jpg

Nope. Not here...

0501bender9.jpg

Maybe over here? Nope.

0501bender10.jpg

How about over here? Nope. I could swear I just saw them!

0501bender4.jpg

I need to lie down and think... just need to rest...

0501bender8.jpg

Hey bay-bee! I'm up for anything!

0501bender1.jpg

Meanwhile back in Toronto on Monday: Chris? Beyonder?

0501bender2.jpg

Hey, where'd he go? I gotta take a leak.

lol... no offense meant.

VERY VERY FUNNY 893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gifyay.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Oh ya. I guess I should finally put Chris out of his misery. I got all of the books signed on Sunday morning. John was very nice we had a great conversation about hockey, Canada, the US, Britain and Superman to name a few topics. Unfortunately no sketches, I didn't have the heart to ask after he signed all 108 books. Now I am sending off a check to the American Breat Cancer Research Foundation for $125.00.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Oh ya. I guess I should finally put Chris out of his misery. I got all of the books signed on Sunday morning. John was very nice we had a great conversation about hockey, Canada, the US, Britain and Superman to name a few topics. Unfortunately no sketches, I didn't have the heart to ask after he signed all 108 books. Now I am sending off a check to the American Breat Cancer Research Foundation for $125.00.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

893applaud-thumb.gif

(for the Cancer check)

BTW, what's a Breat? yeahok.gif

A Breat? Oops I can't believe I spelt one of my favourite objects wrong.

BREAST

Peter

Thats Ok to make it up I want to buy the rest of those Cerebus trades you showed me last Wednesday!

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

thumbsup2.gif Sounds good Peter! I think I asked this already but can't remember your answer - do the books go in the modern tier even if they're Signature Series? Just trying to get a feel for the turnaround times for these books.

Did you bend my IF in half before getting it signed poke2.gif

Look forward to getting the books back, appreciate it acclaim.gif

Drew

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

thumbsup2.gif Sounds good Peter! I think I asked this already but can't remember your answer - do the books go in the modern tier even if they're Signature Series? Just trying to get a feel for the turnaround times for these books.

Drew

Hey Drew,

SS books are treated the same way date wise. If it is pre 1975 it would fall under Economy.

Also, Peter didn't bend your IF. I did though. Uhh, sorry about that. hi.gif

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Drew

Hey Drew,

SS books are treated the same way date wise. If it is pre 1975 it would fall under Economy.

Was that the book you were using to try and hammer a tack into the wall at the store last week?

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Drew

Hey Drew,

Was that the book you were using to try and hammer a tack into the wall at the store last week?

It was one of them. They were pretty useless to hammer the tacks in really far, so I had to use several of Drew's books. poke2.gif

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Drew

Hey Drew,

It was one of them. They were pretty useless to hammer the tacks in really far, so I had to use several of Drew's books. poke2.gif

Right right

And you used the rest to change your daughter!

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

Drew

Hey Drew,

Right right

And you used the rest to change your daughter!

Yup! grin.gif