• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SIGNATURE SERIES: JOHN BYRNE
1 1

165 posts in this topic

Hey Drew,

SS books are treated the same way date wise. If it is pre 1975 it would fall under Economy.

Also, Peter didn't bend your IF. I did though. Uhh, sorry about that.

Alex,

Cool, all my submits were after 1975 so they should all slide into the Modern tier then thumbsup2.gif I think CGC's turnaround times for moderns have improved somewhat haven't they? I would expect sometime in late January/early February then - sound about right?

And don't feel so bad about bending just one of my books - I specifically looked for all yours and hit them with my sledgehammer - instant 'pressing' devil.gif

Drew

Hey Drew,

SS books are treated the same way date wise. If it is pre 1975 it would fall under Economy.

Alex,

Cool, all my submits were after 1975 so they should all slide into the Modern tier then thumbsup2.gif I think CGC's turnaround times for moderns have improved somewhat haven't they? I would expect sometime in late January/early February then - sound about right?

And don't feel so bad about bending just one of my books - I specifically looked for all yours and hit them with my sledgehammer - instant 'pressing' devil.gif

Drew

Drew,

Right now they are on a 3-4 month turnaround. I'm still waiting from some books from San Diego (late July).

Hey Drew,

Alex,

Drew

Drew,

Right now they are on a 3-4 month turnaround. I'm still waiting from some books from San Diego (late July).

Wouldn't that be pushing a 5 month turnaround (and counting)?

Hey Drew,

Alex,

Drew

Drew,

Wouldn't that be pushing a 5 month turnaround (and counting)?

4 months and counting right now for some of them. But to be fair I did get a good chunk from that show already. So, 3-4 is fairly accurate.

Hey Alex,

A lot of the books from Chicago arrived last week (10 boxes worth if I recall).

Chicago was early August, and CGC usually waits until there is a significant number of books ready for Peter before they ship them up. That's what - 3-3.5 months turnaround?

I think that some of the Toronto and San Diego books are be held up though. Not sure why.

Hey Drew,

Alex,

Drew

Drew,

Really??? Their website has moderns at about double their "estimated" turnaround times - about 40 days instead of 20. That would put these books back (assuming an early December received date) in late January/early February. Am I missing something??? Even allowing for some time off due to the Christmas holidays (even CGC graders should get some vacation confused-smiley-013.gif) that should be about right.

Drew

Hey Alex,

A lot of the books from Chicago arrived last week (10 boxes worth if I recall).

Chicago was early August, and CGC usually waits until there is a significant number of books ready for Peter before they ship them up. That's what - 3-3.5 months turnaround?

I think that some of the Toronto and San Diego books are be held up though. Not sure why.

Kevin,

That doesn't sound like even the posted turnaround times are being met then. Moderns are at approximately 40 days and even allowing a large chunk of them to build up they still should be quicker than what you have said above. Ah well, ultimately we'll get them when we get them - I'll just keep bothering Pete with annoying phonecalls and visits to his store devil.gif

Drew

Hey Drew,

Alex,

Drew

Drew,

Really??? Their website has moderns at about double their "estimated" turnaround times - about 40 days instead of 20. That would put these books back (assuming an early December received date) in late January/early February. Am I missing something??? Even allowing for some time off due to the Christmas holidays (even CGC graders should get some vacation confused-smiley-013.gif) that should be about right.

Drew

Their shipments are also contingent on how many books were submitted in the first place. It seems the more books submitted, the longer you have to wait.

Just using my numbers, I submitted 24 books for San Diego (I have received 15 back), while I only did 7 for Chicago (received all of them back). And I did 3 for Toronto (got them all back too). confused-smiley-013.gif

While they might get back faster due to the holidays, and people not submitting as many, I still think you are looking at 3-4 months as there were around 125-130 total books submitted from Mid-Ohio. They most likely won't ship until they have all been graded to save on shipping.

Hey Drew,

Guess they aren't meeting them - but those are also turnaround times for moderns, they aren't posting specific turnaround times for Signature Series, even though they should fall within the tiers. Signature Series books may take longer to process in order to ensure proper validation/paperwork has been done. I've been called a couple of times about Signature Series invoices at 4-6 weeks after a convention. In fact, I was called about some of the Chicago books back in September, yet they didn't arrive until November.

They most likely won't ship until they have all been graded to save on shipping.

I agree, I think they wait until there is a specific volume of books available to be shipped, but it's also at the discretion of the account holder just how quickly or how slowly they send the books back.

Kevin is bang-on here.

Ok, but I don't want people to get the impression that Paradise slows down return shipments on purpose, he's got a lot in the pipeline at any given time. Enough that they probably just schedule the shipments on regular intervals, like, say, a shipment every 2-3 weeks. That may suck if your book was done a day after the last batch went out, but is great if it was encapsulated a day before the next shipment is set to go.

Which books? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nightmare 20

Giant-size Dracula 5

X-men 108 (6 copies), 130, 140-143

MTU 53

FF 211 and this....

111FF285.jpg

With the exception of the Nightmare 20, MTU 53 & FF 211......I got my books back today.

And...it only took a month & a half. hail.gif