• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Made a hard decision

47 posts in this topic

The Top 10 reasons for dropping comic conventions for concerts and Grand Prix races...

10. The drugs are better at concerts and the cosplay is less overwhelming at Grand Prix races.

9. I'm more likely to meet hot babes who'll say "yes" at concerts and Grand Prix races.

8. The only dates I can take to conventions are the fruit variety.

7. I just can't sustain enough hearing loss at a con to make it worth my while.

6. The celebs I've met charge more for signed photos or sketches than sex.

5. At cons, unless you have a cut-pass you have to learn how to line dance without a bathroom break.

4. Stan Lee dissed me when I asked him to sign my boxers.

3. Stan Lee agreed to sign my boxers, but only if CGC witnessed and slabbed.

2. I'm going to college so I'll need a new set of drums.

...and the top reason for replacing comic conventions with concerts and Grand Prix racing is:

1. If I become a famous drummer I can charge celeb prices at cons too. :acclaim:

:jokealert:

You know, I've lost interest in comics too, and I'm also getting out.

For comics historians ... today is the day we knew would come ... the movie-inspired comic book collecting bull market saw its zenith and the market crash we have all been waiting is beginning, thanks to this thread. May 2, 2014 -- Black Friday. ;)