• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Made a hard decision

47 posts in this topic

For those over at the Comic Events page you know I usually go to the texas shows to meet celebs and artists.

I was going to head down to Frightmare in Dallas today and Fan Expo Dallas, but on wednesday I cancelled flights, hotels, and was able to sell the tickets.

Thing is, I completely lost interest on comic cons. I called the LCS and they closed my account for me, and I will probably leave this comic con hobby. I was able to meet some good celebs and artists so I dont feel like I lost something big.

But I used the money of those trips to secure a trip to LA in the summer to see Haim at the Wiltern and Arctic Monkeys at the Staples Center.

Yeah, it was a hard decision but I hope I dont miss on something big in the future.

For those over at the Comic Events page you know I usually go to the texas shows to meet celebs and artists.

I was going to head down to Frightmare in Dallas today and Fan Expo Dallas, but on wednesday I cancelled flights, hotels, and was able to sell the tickets.

Thing is, I completely lost interest on comic cons. I called the LCS and they closed my account for me, and I will probably leave this comic con hobby. I was able to meet some good celebs and artists so I dont feel like I lost something big.

But I used the money of those trips to secure a trip to LA in the summer to see Haim at the Wiltern and Arctic Monkeys at the Staples Center.

Yeah, it was a hard decision but I hope I dont miss on something big in the future.

They will be good.

I think many of us have drifted in and out of the comic hobby over the years.

Do what your interests direct you and don't force it. If you enjoy it...great. If not, move on to something else. You may be back.

Good luck

I love going to LA to check out the music scene!

We all leave for a while. Most come back, some don't. Comics are a part of who I am since I learned to walk and talk.

Best of luck!

Just don't pick up a new collecting hobby. If I would have stuck with comics from the age of 12 until now, instead of all the stupid things I drifted into (action figures, Magic cards, Heroclix, etc), I'd have a pretty nice comic collection at age 33 now....I've made up for it now that I'm earning a decent living, but I just wished I didnt waste money on those other hobbies....

Alright, I'll explain.

I had VIP tix for Fan Expo Dallas ($300) and bought 7 ops ($460) and I was exited for that show. Same goes with frightmare. Last week I went to see Haim and Vampire Weekend at Stubbs in Austin and I completely loved the scene there, and sixth street.

I came to realize that last year I missed way too many events I wanted to go because of Comic Cons. Just last year, I bought 56 professional photo ops at 5 events and several autographs, same goes with modern comics since my pull box usually has 10 issues per week (sometimes more).

Having already met many people I wanted to meet, I now don't really think I want to go to Comic Events anymore. With the money I was going to use for Fan Expo and frightmare I'm going to LA for two concerts there, and with the money I was going to use for Wizard Austin I'll buy tickets for Austin City Limits and the Formula 1 Grand Prix since I went to the inaugural one but had to skip last year's race.

In other words, I just completely lost interest on Conventions, had a great time at concerts and sports events and since I'm going to college this fall then I will probably be really busy to be reading comics and going to conventions.

I might go back to the shows as soon as I graduate (2020). It was a fun ride.

Kinda moot if you don't tell us why...
Or, some of will still be able to carry on without knowing.

Are you sure you'll be able to sleep tonight????????????

Alright, I'll explain.

I had VIP tix for Fan Expo Dallas ($300) and bought 7 ops ($460) and I was exited for that show. Same goes with frightmare. Last week I went to see Haim and Vampire Weekend at Stubbs in Austin and I completely loved the scene there, and sixth street.

I came to realize that last year I missed way too many events I wanted to go because of Comic Cons. Just last year, I bought 56 professional photo ops at 5 events and several autographs, same goes with modern comics since my pull box usually has 10 issues per week (sometimes more).

Having already met many people I wanted to meet, I now don't really think I want to go to Comic Events anymore. With the money I was going to use for Fan Expo and frightmare I'm going to LA for two concerts there, and with the money I was going to use for Wizard Austin I'll buy tickets for Austin City Limits and the Formula 1 Grand Prix since I went to the inaugural one but had to skip last year's race.

In other words, I just completely lost interest on Conventions, had a great time at concerts and sports events and since I'm going to college this fall then I will probably be really busy to be reading comics and going to conventions.

I might go back to the shows as soon as I graduate (2020). It was a fun ride.

Why not just stop going to conventions? I just graduated college in 2012 and am still in grad school now. I've been to one con since I started reading. I might or might not go back this year, but I'm still reading for the joy of reading. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than going to conventions :gossip: . And I love going to concerts, so there is money for both.