• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest SS in your collection?

69 posts in this topic

I was just wondering who has signatures of people that have either passed away or rarely sign at all (e.g Alan Moore) in their collections!

honestly your leaveing it to open......i alone prob have 15+ books/sketches from people who have died

honestly the rare ones are more impressive imo, and from what i understand alan moore isn't rare as he does cons in GB (not meny granted) and will sign anything put in front of him.......it's the fact of getting CGC to england to wittness the sigs is what makes his sig a pain to get

*all info on allen moore is from my memory of a thread a few yrs ago where he was dicussed, i could be wrong on part/all of it*

Yeah that's not true about Alan Moore, at all.

He made his first convention appearance in over 25 years in 2012. He's made the odd appearance at a book signing when he's releasing something new but that's it. At those book signings, more often then not, there's a restriction on what he will sign..usually related to whatever he's there to promote.

As well he, at the one or two book signings in the past, would sign anything but not any more. As of 2013 he was not signing DC books anymore. So...no KJ, Watchmen, V for Vendetta.

If anything Alan Moore has gotten MORE difficult to get.

I was just wondering who has signatures of people that have either passed away or rarely sign at all (e.g Alan Moore) in their collections!

honestly your leaveing it to open......i alone prob have 15+ books/sketches from people who have died

honestly the rare ones are more impressive imo, and from what i understand alan moore isn't rare as he does cons in GB (not meny granted) and will sign anything put in front of him.......it's the fact of getting CGC to england to wittness the sigs is what makes his sig a pain to get

*all info on allen moore is from my memory of a thread a few yrs ago where he was dicussed, i could be wrong on part/all of it*

Yeah that's not true about Alan Moore, at all.

He made his first convention appearance in over 25 years in 2012. He's made the odd appearance at a book signing when he's releasing something new but that's it. At those book signings, more often then not, there's a restriction on what he will sign..usually related to whatever he's there to promote.

As well he, at the one or two book signings in the past, would sign anything but not any more. As of 2013 he was not signing DC books anymore. So...no KJ, Watchmen, V for Vendetta.

If anything Alan Moore has gotten MORE difficult to get.

89 comics signed on s/s in two sessions, according to one website and, as you say, very unlikely to be repeated.

This would be mine. Kind of cool to have two GA creators still around who worked on the same book. This was the second GA book I ever bought. That was in 1980 I believe so I have had it for a long time. Was excited to get both sigs on it.

2112131431111.jpg

This would be mine. Kind of cool to have two GA creators still around who worked on the same book. This was the second GA book I ever bought. That was in 1980 I believe so I have had it for a long time. Was excited to get both sigs on it.

2112131431111.jpg

That is really cool! :headbang: