• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you buy?

29 posts in this topic

I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to buy.

A low grade hulk 181 or a mid grade giant size x men 1

Both slabbed, same price.

Help me out.

Are you trying to determine which is a better investment? If so, what are the actual grades?

Oh.....Thanks. I got it.

I'm happy with my 181 5.0

And my GSXM is still in the graded status :( Hoping it's a 5.0 or higher :wishluck:

Me I'd rather save the money I'd spend on high grade Keys and buy OA. :insane:lol

+1

Me I'd rather save the money I'd spend on high grade Keys and buy OA. :insane:lol

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, can you imagine all the taxes you'll have to pay on the thousands made in capital appreciation. Thanks, but I'd rather keep my taxes low with investments that don't go up in value.

:insane:

Neither.

2c

Neither.

Why? :popcorn:

181 for sure.

They are saying in a nice way, why spend money on a low grade copy when it is better to invest your money on a higher grade on 2 common books.

8.5 or better min

Not everyone collects high grade books.

The hulk is 3.5 and the x men is 6.5

Not looking to flip. If that was the case if buy raw and slab myself.

I kinda just want the book on the wall with the others.

I started another thread about the curve on the Hulk 181 being kinked. If I were you, I'd save my money for a Hulk 181 in the 5.0 range. It might not cost you very much more because of the odd way the 181 price structure is running.

Both are good books, but when I recently set up at a comicbook show with both the 181 and the GSXM1 side-by-side, the fan boys all geeked out about the 181, or they drooled over it more.