• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Copies of Actions Comics #1 (Saturday Free Comic Book Day)

37 posts in this topic

I bought a Thor 126 9.4 from Socal Comics about 5 years ago. Jamie is a very nice fellow. If memory serves, he's a retired police officer.

Yes, Jaime is a very good dealer and LCS owner to have in this hobby.

His store is very much a comic book man cave.

Not sure I'd pass out, but I'd most likely drool all over the display case :grin:

I'd eat it like that guy in Red Dragon

If GAtor, or any other AC1 experts, could clarify what a 6.5 would sell for over in CG :wishluck:

I told you probably 750-800K now. :preach:

Hmmmpf !! I'll let GAtor have the last word ;)

But you're probably right (thumbs u

Side Note:

Copy A's owner also had AC #2-10 on display.

The #2 was a CGC 5.0 Old label (Metro sticker on back) and #7 was absolutely stunning. Only CGC book he has in his collection.

Sorry didn't capture any pics. :sorry:

Both had one thing in common they don't need money and not a fan of slabbing books.

Also no intention of selling in their lifetime, so sorry you $ dealers cause I already tried.

:cry:

One can only dream to see an AC1 in person :cloud9:

I have not had that privilege.

I've not only held one, but was allowed to read it as well :)

Local comic book store here in San Diego for Free Comic Book Day always puts on a block party in the parking lot with street vendors, local comic dealers, and live music for such an important day of the year for the comic book store communities.

Jaime Newbold -Socal Comics

Besides the 2000 people (mostly kids) that showed up for FCBD the line was around the block literally for the event.

So besides FCBD being another success for everyone involved two local long-term customers put on display for all to see their copies of Action Comics #1.

Even my jaded arse was in :o

The 2nd copy in the old school screw tight case is a copy that has somewhat of a Frankenstein AC #1. I think a couple of the pages were married in from what he told me. To be honest I was pretty much fixated on the 1st copy.

[Only one page is married and it's not attached to the rest of the book, so technically they're just shacking up.]

Two copies of Action Comics #1 at the same place at the same time.......not even major comic conventions have that anymore.

COPY B

action2_zpscedb9693.jpg

CLink sold a 6.5 for 625K a couple years ago. Not sure it'd hit 750K, but certainly just south of 700K.

Maybe GAtor will pass by and lay it down...

That was my copy that sold via clink. Originally the sale price was 675k but the buyer ran into a little financing issue and we agreed to a lessor price of 625k (still huge at the time)

I know the other cgc 6.5 copy has had a 750k offer refused by the owner.

Local comic book store here in San Diego for Free Comic Book Day always puts on a block party in the parking lot with street vendors, local comic dealers, and live music for such an important day of the year for the comic book store communities.

Jaime Newbold -Socal Comics

Besides the 2000 people (mostly kids) that showed up for FCBD the line was around the block literally for the event.

So besides FCBD being another success for everyone involved two local long-term customers put on display for all to see their copies of Action Comics #1.

Even my jaded arse was in :o

The 2nd copy in the old school screw tight case is a copy that has somewhat of a Frankenstein AC #1. I think a couple of the pages were married in from what he told me. To be honest I was pretty much fixated on the 1st copy.

[Only one page is married and it's not attached to the rest of the book, so technically they're just shacking up.]

Two copies of Action Comics #1 at the same place at the same time.......not even major comic conventions have that anymore.

COPY B

action2_zpscedb9693.jpg

Is that your copy?