• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Store in Tampa

18 posts in this topic

The ones already open:

A. Yancy Street Comics -South. Its on Hillsborough in Oldsmar. Run by a good customer of mine named Chad.

B. Tonic Comics

C. Coliseum of Comics- in New Tampa/Wesley Chapel opened on free comic book day. Plan on heading out there sometime over the next week to check it out.

Later this summer:

D. Tytan Comics. Opening down in Sarasota in August. Will be in the mall down there. Owner is Ty who is a great guy. Runs a podcast from his website regarding comics.

E. Pikes Comics - Im currently negociating the terms of a lease as I have run out of space.Will not be doing new comics/direct sales. The location will mainly be to do online sales, have some gaming, and buying and selling by appt. Will also be doing a crazy mini-con style sale one weekend every other month.

Rumors:

ThunderRoad Comics: Wants to open a booth on the military base this summer.

Coliseum of Comics: Rumor is they are planning on opening another store in South Tampa.

The ones already open:

A. Yancy Street Comics -South. Its on Hillsborough in Oldsmar. Run by a good customer of mine named Chad.

B. The guy on the link above who scares me by offering pressing the first day he is open for business. He is a mile away from Yancy.

C. Coliseum of Comics- in New Tampa/Wesley Chapel opened on free comic book day. Plan on heading out there sometime over the next week to check it out.

Later this summer:

D. Tytan Comics. Opening down in Sarasota in August. Will be in the mall down there. Owner is Ty who is a great guy. Runs a podcast from his website regarding comics.

E. Pikes Comics "The Warehouse" - Im currently negociating the terms of a lease as I have run out of space.Will not be doing new comics/direct sales. The location will mainly be to do online sales, have some gaming(PFS), and buying and selling by appt. Will also be doing a crazy mini-con style sale one weekend every other month.

Rumors:

Coliseum of Comics: Rumor is they are planning on opening another store in South Tampa.

Good info! I totally forgot about CoC's new store in Tampa. I hope it does better than their last foray in Tampa - it was on Gunn Hwy, just a little bit down the road from where Heroes Haven is now.

The ones already open:

B. The guy on the link above who scares me by offering pressing the first day he is open for business. He is a mile away from Yancy.

Later this summer:

E. Pikes Comics "The Warehouse" - Im currently negociating the terms of a lease as I have run out of space.Will not be doing new comics/direct sales. The location will mainly be to do online sales, have some gaming(PFS), and buying and selling by appt. Will also be doing a crazy mini-con style sale one weekend every other month.

Rumors:

PM me when you do your weekend sale and I'll go over. I met you briefly at a comic shop in New Port Richey last year and would like to see what you got.

Looks like we have another new store here in Tampa. That makes it three new stores in the last month!

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cbd/4457237317.html

Per their craigslist post they will CGC a modern book for you for $45! And they will press it also!

I stopped by this new store today. Their name is Tonic's Comics. The owner was really nice, and had a good selection of Bronze/Copper/Modern books at pretty fair prices. Plus they are currently doing 25% off.

I recommend stopping by.

Good luck with this! Sounds cool.

Out of curiosity, why does that scare you?

Out of curiosity, why does that scare you?

Pressing takes time to learn how to do it right, and the last thing you would want is some noob pressing your books.

I didnt catch the owner's name (I'm guessing Tonic?) but he said he has been pressing for a year.

Tonic comics is owned by Travis a great guy and super straight shooter who grades books very well and has a great wide product offering for very good prices including cgc's.

He is a Cgc dealer who will had deliver your Cgc books directly to Cgc for you no worry of the mail mishaps.

His customer care and service is top notch he has silver and golden age Cgc and new books.

Try tonic comics out I think you will be impressed with the personal attention and high service levels! And many Cgc books in your hands to choose from!

I've been there twice and both experiences were great!

More personal attention than I have received elsewhere for sure.

My opinion only but it is a pleasure to write good reviews for a change...lol!

Pikes comics is owned by David and I am looking forward to seeing his offerings in his new wArehouse concept once he is operational and I have time to swing by.

Tampa no doubt is booming with comics right now which is a good thing !

Big things happening in st Pete I hear soon!

Best regards