• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice on GRR ASM #1 1966 reprint

29 posts in this topic

cover.jpg

I had no idea it was a 33 1/3 rpm. foreheadslap.gif

I thought these came with a 45 rpm.

Get a bag and board. Don't send it in the record sleeve. thumbsup2.gif

yay.gif

Does it have the "fairy dust" sound when you are supposed to turn the page?

This is like the abacus of Leap Frog. cloud9.gif

I've never played the record either as it's so shiny...yes, I am fairly pathetic. tongue.gif

Um..."the abacus of Leap Frog"...?

abacus_large.gif

en_product_3.GIF

D'oh! foreheadslap.gif

...never mind. I'm a lil slow on Sunday nights...

Don't send the book to CGC. Sell the book with the record as a complete item on ebay as such a set is a lot scarcer than the book on its' own. Mention the grade of the book in the auction text.

I would never separate the book and the record. They came as a set and I'll sell them that way. That said, would it make that much difference to a collector to get it in "as-found" condition, with an apparently very good but real condition unknown book still inside the shrink wrap? That, as opposed to the same record, now with a graded book, although obviously not "as-found"?

Which would you all rather have?

Also, what about greggy's comment that the book would slide around in shipping if left as is? Would anyone buy it and want it shipped that way? And if it's coming out for shipping, why not grade it?

I vote you get it graded, then sell it with the record.

It's not still sealed, so you're not gaining anything by keeping it raw.

Or you could just mail it to me and let me worry about it. flowerred.gif

Or you could just mail it to me and let me worry about it. flowerred.gif

You're sweet...offering to take all that worry off my mind. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I wouldn't want you to go through any unnecessary stress. hi.gifgrin.gif

Well, I got my reply from CGC. They suggested it "might be best" if I kept the record and sleeve "for safekeeping" and just sent the comic. Which I think is what I'm going to do. Thanks so much to everyone who helped me, you guys were great! thumbsup2.gif

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes. Hey, and with one more post I can start Learning The Ropes!

PS: Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what grade it'll get?