• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fantastic Four Adds Reg E. Cathey as Sue and Johnny Storm’s Father

56 posts in this topic

I like how some people automatically assumed that I was referring to the movie being bad because it had Black actors. No wonder people can't say anything anymore. I think it was a bad move changing that part because the family dynamic was always important to the FF. I agree, that Ben could have been another race and not affected the storyline at all.

I don't have a big problem with it. In fact, I love him as an actor.

Yes, the FF was 100% white. Now they're not (and Sue's adopted?) I'm not going to get hung up on skin color.

I had more of a problem with the previous films where Von Doom had metal skin and shot lighting bolts, or Galactus was a giant space cloud...

The good thing about doing the Ultimate FF is that the Mole Man story becomes more interesting and less cartoonish.

I always found Doctor Doom to be more interesting then the Fantastic Four themselves for some reason. Now that I think about it isn`t Reed Richards maybe one of the most boring characters in comics? I mean even Henry Pym seems more interesting then Reed.

Maybe this reboot will make Reed Richards more interesting?

I like how some people automatically assumed that I was referring to the movie being bad because it had Black actors. No wonder people can't say anything anymore. I think it was a bad move changing that part because the family dynamic was always important to the FF. I agree, that Ben could have been another race and not affected the storyline at all.

Original FF dynamic >

Sue is the sister of Johnny

Sue is the love interest of Reed

Reed is the friend of Ben

This new FF dynamic >

I don't think the family dynamic has changed at all.

Also, Ben is replaced w/ CGI the moment he becomes a hero. I could see this being an issue if he was cast to be more diverse but 90% of the movie, he isn't actually diverse or inclusive.

Original FF dynamic >

This new FF dynamic >

I don't think the family dynamic has changed at all.

Also, Ben is replaced w/ CGI the moment he becomes a hero. I could see this being an issue if he was cast to be more diverse but 90% of the movie, he isn't actually diverse or inclusive.

Wow, when you break it down like that, it's exactly the same!

:eyeroll:

Johnny Storm has been white for 53 years.

I DO NOT like the change, because it's a BS PC move, nothing more.

However, that's not my main issue. My main issue is, with the casting, they must assume that FF fans are 13 yr old girls. Stupid Twilight FF.

:sumo:

My main issue is, with the casting, they must assume that FF fans are 13 yr old girls. Stupid Twilight FF.

:sumo:

Unlimited wealth.

Teenagers live at home and have little to no overhead. If they have part time jobs they have tons of disposable income (relatively speaking) and will go see the same movies over and over just to see a cute person.

My youngest saw the first ASM movie 6 or 8 times. Because Andrew Garfield is going to be her husband one day.

Johnny Storm has been white for 53 years.

So was Nick Fury. Who cares.

That's the bottomline with the new movie-era. Comic books have had their time. And if you don't like a screen-treatment you have 75-50 years of material to fall back on.

Movie makers are going to do whatever they think will put more butts in seats. Source material will the just that, a single source of a myriad they will consider.

My hope is this movie is awesome. I'm going in with low expectations and hope for the best. No preconceived notions based on cast, etc.

Just make a good movie and I will be happy.

lol

Yeah, the original comic was called The Fantastic Four and this movie is called The Fantastic Four - what's your problem, it's *exactly* the same!!

lol

Yeah, the original comic was called The Fantastic Four and this movie is called The Fantastic Four - what's your problem, it's *exactly* the same!!

As long as they make a good movie, who cares if it has nothing to do with the characters I love.

lol

As long as they make a good movie, who cares if it has nothing to do with the characters I love.

Read your comics and be happy with the characters you love. Skip the movie and these threads and you may be more happy. Why keep complaining about these movies, you got your beloved comics to go back and read.