• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Romita Jr + John Cassady = GARBAGE

35 posts in this topic

Their work is just terrible. How do these guys continue to get work? John Cassady too! I look at some of their work and just shake my damn head. It could be the best written book on the market and if either one of them two draws it, I will pass over it. Uncanny Avengers JC's work was terrible. The JRJ X-Force variant cover is just wrong. I know its about personal taste but damn.

Sorry for the rant!

Their work is just terrible. How do these guys continue to get work? John Cassady too! I look at some of their work and just shake my damn head. It could be the best written book on the market and if either one of them two draws it, I will pass over it. Uncanny Avengers JC's work was terrible. The JRJ X-Force variant cover is just wrong. I know its about personal taste but damn.

Sorry for the rant!

Well all you have to do is draw better than them and you can out them out of business.

I'm a die hard X-Force fan and have been since I was a kid. Cable was who I grew up loving as a character and I have to say that JRJR just gave it to Cable and didn't even have the courtesy of a reach around. I even made sure to get my LCS to buy enough for me to reach the magic variant number and then he shows me this one and all I could think of was WTF??? JRJR, go ruin Superman and leave Cable alone.

Sorry for the rant!

Do you mean John Cassaday, as in the Planetary artist? If so, I wholeheartedly disagree. I think his work is amazing, especially in person. As you mention art is all about personal taste, but what do you dislike about his work? I can see how JRJ can be kind of an acquired taste, but not so much with Cassaday.

I have to agree.. I don't understand why DC is so pumped to have him drawing Superman.. They put this ad in their books, it can't be helping sales:

tumblr_n2cf53b0R51rmydeho1_500.png

I don't know what you are talking about. I like that Bizarro cover.