• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I believe I've lost a comic book...

62 posts in this topic

Cant say I've lost a comic book, but I lose everything else all the time! I swear, I lose my keys, my wallet, and my phone on a daily basis.

I'm glad you found the book! (thumbs u

A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to post a picture of my Bobby Benson B-Bar Raiders #1, here on a different thread. I looked where it was supposed to be located. Not there. I checked every box (that is a lot of boxes). Not there.

I just gave up, thinking I sold it at some point, and had forgotten I did. But it perplexed me because it is one of my Gerber scarce books, I don't sell them.

I gave up, and assumed I had sold it.

Then yesterday, I was looking for another book, and found the Bobby Benson #1. It was in a drawer that I keep extra large books (magazines) in. No way it should have been in that mix. But it was.

I still have not found the "other" book that I was searching for when I found the Bobby Benson #1.

I must be getting senile.

But seriously, if you want to find a certain book and can't, just look for a different book. You'll probably wind up tripping over the first one you were looking for. It works for me.

A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to post a picture of my Bobby Benson B-Bar Raiders #1, here on a different thread. I looked where it was supposed to be located. Not there. I checked every box (that is a lot of boxes). Not there.

I just gave up, thinking I sold it at some point, and had forgotten I did. But it perplexed me because it is one of my Gerber scarce books, I don't sell them.

I gave up, and assumed I had sold it.

Then yesterday, I was looking for another book, and found the Bobby Benson #1. It was in a drawer that I keep extra large books (magazines) in. No way it should have been in that mix. But it was.

I still have not found the "other" book that I was searching for when I found the Bobby Benson #1.

I must be getting senile.

See? :acclaim:

When this happens no amount of looking will help.

You just have to wait for it to turn up.

Same principle behind whenever you drop something small on floor it vanishes completely

I know I have a full run of Stephanie brown Batgirl, and I can't find it anywhere as I go thru all my boxes prepping for our move. I loved that run, and I have NO idea what I did with the book!

I had a buddy of mine lose one of my books. He literally turned the house upside down looking for it and it didn't turn up.

One day, weeks later, we were on the phone and I finished telling him a story and explaining how I felt that everything happens for a reason and how I believe there is some sort of higher power and that I don't believe in random chance but rather everything happens by design.

As I finished my story, he went quiet and then said "OMG. The book is sitting right here in front of me and has been the entire time."

True story.

I truly believe that sometimes we're 'blinded' on purpose and we don't see what's right in front of us for whatever reason simply because other things need to happen in between.

I lost one once. Looked high and low. Told the buyer I lost it.

Found it the next day.....in the scanner. Felt like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

This. I have done the same. :facepalm:

Yeah, for a while my Usagi Yojimbo #1 that I bought when I was a little kid turned up missing. It took me wuite a while to find it. I pulled it out of a longbox to show someone and was too lazy to dig back down to return it, so I placed it in the top longbox in the pile.

It was here the other night, and now I can't find it anywhere.

This is extremely frustrating...I've been going through every pile of books and it's nowhere to be found.

Anyone have this happen? I'm not talking about "over time" you can't remember where a comic is...I'm talking about this morning realizing it's missing and the night before last it was in my hands. The last time I shipped comics was the night *before* that, so it's not like I accidentally packed it with someone else's books and sent it out somewhere.

I'm really a insufficiently_thoughtful_person sometimes, and that stresses me the hell out.

Peace,

Chip

Yup. I lost a high grade ASM a few years ago. Left it sitting vertically between two long boxes for about 6 months and then it just turned up one day. As soon as I found it I remembered placing it there 6 months prior.

I currently have 2 x 3-4 figure books hiding somewhere in the house. No idea where they are currently but I'm sure they'll turn up one day.

:tonofbricks:

Awww poor guy, must be rough :pullhair: