• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April 2014 comichron numbers

22 posts in this topic

Stuff I noticed.

Dream Police #1 came in at under 12,000 copies. I expected a lot more.

V-wars #1 came in at 10,460. Did anyone here buy/like it ?

The Bunker #3 came in at 7347 which means a LOT of people are missing out.

Mercenary Sea #3 sold 7222.

Letter 44 #6 came in a little over 6000. Wow, I was hoping news of the TV show might cause people to take a look.

Sheltered came in at 6013

Five Ghosts was 5735. I'm glad Frank is branching out.

Star Mage 2824

Vamplets (very popular with my kid as far as plush goes) only 2702. Surprise to me.

Haunted #1 from Red 5 wait for it. 1841. Crazy for a comic with Bryan Singer's name attached to it imo.

Bad Dreams from Red 5 1420

With those lower numbers, you have to consider that publishers will always round up to get the proper pricing from the printer.

example:Vamplets 2702.

bet Action Labs printed 4k plus

I didn't realize this, thanks. I know this book was moving well out of the gates on ebay. Was it a good retail piece In your shop ?

A lot of people have a budget. That budget is dominated by titles that they have been loyal to for years.

If my current budget for comics is 10 new titles per month and I already have those 10 picked out and have been collecting them for over a year +, which of those do I drop to try out a new series?

A lot of people have a budget. That budget is dominated by titles that they have been loyal to for years.

If my current budget for comics is 10 new titles per month and I already have those 10 picked out and have been collecting them for over a year +, which of those do I drop to try out a new series?

Good point....

Drop the Marvels. haha

Good point....

Drop the Marvels. haha

personally, I did. Average Joe is still committed to the Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk, etc and can't let them go.

Stuff I noticed.

Dream Police #1 came in at under 12,000 copies. I expected a lot more.

V-wars #1 came in at 10,460. Did anyone here buy/like it ?

The Bunker #3 came in at 7347 which means a LOT of people are missing out.

Mercenary Sea #3 sold 7222.

Letter 44 #6 came in a little over 6000. Wow, I was hoping news of the TV show might cause people to take a look.

Sheltered came in at 6013

Five Ghosts was 5735. I'm glad Frank is branching out.

Star Mage 2824

Vamplets (very popular with my kid as far as plush goes) only 2702. Surprise to me.

Haunted #1 from Red 5 wait for it. 1841. Crazy for a comic with Bryan Singer's name attached to it imo.

Bad Dreams from Red 5 1420

You have a big first issue then your numbers drop in 1/2. Seems to be the norm for most books now adays unless they are strong hits like MD.

I cant believe 5 Ghosts is still that low...

That book is so good. Crazy.

I thought the story was interesting, but the art is what I think hurts the book. You either love it or you really hate it.

Fair enough.

I'm a big fan of Mooneyham.

Good point....

Drop the Marvels. haha

Yeppers lol

I've had titles that I stuck with for years and I doubt you would find a bigger Big 2 fan than me for a 20 year period. Then the 90s came and we were given easily obtainable options. If I had stayed loyal to stuff I thought was redundant, I would have missed what I easily call my favorite series. I would never have poked my nose into Sin City, Planetary, or my absolute favorite stuff, the Stormwatch and Authority runs by Warren Ellis and Mark Millar.

I know that DC and Marvel both have talent but their book lines are formulaic and very predictable which to me means boring most of the time. Hopefully, people will continue to buy Image Dark Horse, Oni, Boom, and the like because I doubt you would have ever heard of TWD, Saga, EoW, Manifest Destiny, or the like if we had to wait on the big 2 to produce them.

I cant believe 5 Ghosts is still that low...

That book is so good. Crazy.

I thought the story was interesting, but the art is what I think hurts the book. You either love it or you really hate it.

Fair enough.

I'm a big fan of Mooneyham.

Same here, his original pieces are even more amazing when you have them in hand.

I can't wait to see him doing more titles.

I think the same thing. You should also consider that while Batman Eternal was 4 different books, it still sucked up 300,000 plus orders for 1 title. Add to that that Superior Spider-man #31 overlapped ASM #1 and that is over 600,000 copies for Spidey books not counting variants which I think is another 150,000 books if not more. The fact that Manifest Destiny increased in orders is pretty lucky.