• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 39 CGC 9.4! Wow!

125 posts in this topic

Yowza's right! Look at that top right corner. Does that look like slab damage to anyone else?

NO!!!!

Let me explain this one more time. Books start a 10.0 and go down from there. Yes, that corner is a touch rounded but it doesn't seem like it breaks any color. Even if it did, it would not prohibit the book from being a 9.4 or even a 9.6 if the rest of the book is perfect.

That book looks incredible. Unfortunately, I don't have the $40K (just a guess) that it would take to buy that book. At least not now. grin.gif

the king of ebay dos it again

super book!

who is the "king of ebay"? and is this sale legit?

Not sure that I've heard Jeff Williams called "the king of ebay" before, but he's a legit seller. He used to be very active on eBay a few years ago with lots of high grade stuff, but I hadn't seen anything from him in ages and was starting to wonder whether he was still in the biz. Apparently he is...

That book looks incredible. Unfortunately, I don't have the $40K (just a guess) that it would take to buy that book. At least not now. grin.gif

Heck, why settle for a puny 9.4 copy (only 3rd best) when you can buy a 9.6? Actually, I just noticed it's gone from Doug's Vault. Did it sell?

Heck, why settle for a puny 9.4 copy (only 3rd best) when you can buy a 9.6? Actually, I just noticed it's gone from Doug's Vault. Did it sell?

He probably traded it, as his registry book is the 9.6 PC copy, whereas he had the White Mountain copy for sale! confused-smiley-013.gif

He probably traded it, as his registry book is the 9.6 PC copy, whereas he had the White Mountain copy for sale! confused-smiley-013.gif

Hmm, never noticed that. I always just assumed he was putting his personal copy up for sale. That would mean that Brulato was selling his? This musical chairs business is making me dizzy. crazy.gif

I think its worth 40K... unless some of those 9.2s are going to be pressed into 9.4s or better any time soon......

Actually I'm surprised someone like Doug hasn't picked up the Nic Cage copy of Marvel Comics #1 that Metro has via a trade or straight purchase by now. I know he is mainly a SA collector but any Marvel fan must just be in awe of that book. Its an October 1st print too and probably the only copy I have seen for sale. Most other copies are the November print run. Will be my first large purchase if I can ever acquire that kind of bankroll.

Hi Tim: Jeff was one of the first to buy books from the CURATOR collection. Interesting story how someone ended up with alot of his books, including X-men 1 9.8.

I know the Western Penn TOS 39-41 #1 copies haven't been slabbed, be interesting to see where they grade.

Tom

Yup...the book is gorgeous...that being said...I hate foxing... crazy.gif

Where do you see foxing? I didn't pick up on that.

In and around the area of the "a" in "Tales"....the closer I look at it though it may just be the way it was printed... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcrazy.gif