• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 39 CGC 9.4! Wow!

125 posts in this topic

Hi Tim: Jeff was one of the first to buy books from the CURATOR collection. Interesting story how someone ended up with alot of his books, including X-men 1 9.8.

I know the Western Penn TOS 39-41 #1 copies haven't been slabbed, be interesting to see where they grade.

Tom

Hey Tom,

Did you ever post your story re: the Western Penn collection? Inquiring minds want to know!!

That book looks incredible. Unfortunately, I don't have the $40K (just a guess) that it would take to buy that book. At least not now. grin.gif

I think its worth 40K... unless some of those 9.2s are going to be pressed into 9.4s or better any time soon......

sign-funnypost.gif

boy - lot's of folks jumping at shadows here!!!!!!!!!

take a look at the new posted pictures - the book is drop dead gorgeous. that upper right corner (cover) is actually razor sharp. the interior pages angle a bit and gave off a quirky kind of look in the initial scan. there doesn't appear to be any SCS or foxing going on here............. grin.gif

That book looks incredible. Unfortunately, I don't have the $40K (just a guess) that it would take to buy that book. At least not now. grin.gif

I think its worth 40K... unless some of those 9.2s are going to be pressed into 9.4s or better any time soon......

sign-funnypost.gif

I guess we dont have a "scary post" icon yet!!

Hi Tim: Jeff was one of the first to buy books from the CURATOR collection. Interesting story how someone ended up with alot of his books, including X-men 1 9.8.

I know the Western Penn TOS 39-41 #1 copies haven't been slabbed, be interesting to see where they grade.

Tom

The #40 is on Doug's website as a CGC 9.6 (but it has just a touch of Marvel Chipping).

The #40 on Doug's site is not the #1 copy. It is the reading copy. Last time that I spoke to the owner of the #1 copies, the 39-41 had not been slabbed so I doubt if Doug owns them.

I would imagine that Doug has had something regraded or made a trade for the 9.6 he has listed in the registry. IMHO

Tom

The #40 on Doug's site is not the #1 copy. It is the reading copy. Last time that I spoke to the owner of the #1 copies, the 39-41 had not been slabbed so I doubt if Doug owns them.

I would imagine that Doug has had something regraded or made a trade for the 9.6 he has listed in the registry. IMHO

Tom

Tom,

I don't think I could read a book like that more than once as I'd be so terrified or even getting fingerprint marks on it that I would be shaking like a leaf.

I don't think I could read a book like that more than once as I'd be so terrified or even getting fingerprint marks on it that I would be shaking like a leaf.

Not in 1962 you wouldn't! If you trash it, just go back to the store and lay down another 12 cents! cloud9.gif

Greetings Fellow Comic Geeks!

I've never been on one of these before so I have no icons to post nor do I know what the heck I'm doing. Borock has always told me to get on this so I'm finally giving it a try. I was informed my TOS 39 was being discussed so I thought I'd try to help address your concerns. There is no foxing on the book at all. There is no damage to the holder. The right corner is nice, just a scan glitch. I bought this book long before CGC came into existence and I am the one who sent it into be graded. Your guesses as to the reserve are close but it's a bit more than 40 but worth every penny. All most all the time I have sold my really nice higher end stuff (like the Curator X-Men # 1 9.8 , Curator DD 1, Hulk 2 9.6 etc) I have sold them offline to a friend of mine without trying to sell them publically. He has a nice copy of this so I'm selling it on ebay instead. The reason I'm selling is as many of you know I'm a Pastor by vocation and we are building a large auditorium and I'm trying to help the building fund out as it's a big project. You can check out our website at faithcommunitychurch.net (and even download one of my messages if you'd like). I will not be checking this out that often so if you have specific questions my email is in the auction description. I appreciate all my old friends out there in comic land and look forward to making some new ones. Not sure if the king of ebay (as my friend Mr Storms once called me) can return to my lofty throne (gag) but I hope to have a few more decent books in the future for you.

hail.gif

Welcome! Sweet books!

Greetings Fellow Comic Geeks!

I've never been on one of these before so I have no icons to post nor do I know what the heck I'm doing. Borock has always told me to get on this so I'm finally giving it a try. I was informed my TOS 39 was being discussed so I thought I'd try to help address your concerns. There is no foxing on the book at all. There is no damage to the holder. The right corner is nice, just a scan glitch. I bought this book long before CGC came into existence and I am the one who sent it into be graded. Your guesses as to the reserve are close but it's a bit more than 40 but worth every penny. All most all the time I have sold my really nice higher end stuff (like the Curator X-Men # 1 9.8 , Curator DD 1, Hulk 2 9.6 etc) I have sold them offline to a friend of mine without trying to sell them publically. He has a nice copy of this so I'm selling it on ebay instead. The reason I'm selling is as many of you know I'm a Pastor by vocation and we are building a large auditorium and I'm trying to help the building fund out as it's a big project. You can check out our website at faithcommunitychurch.net (and even download one of my messages if you'd like). I will not be checking this out that often so if you have specific questions my email is in the auction description. I appreciate all my old friends out there in comic land and look forward to making some new ones. Not sure if the king of ebay (as my friend Mr Storms once called me) can return to my lofty throne (gag) but I hope to have a few more decent books in the future for you.