• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Neighbors' destroying 'ASM 2' catches Marvel's attention

45 posts in this topic

Note to Marvel:Neighbors kicked ASM 2's azz because the movie blew chunks- avoid making such movies. (although you've already been guilty, see IM2 & IM3)

Exactly. The lesson should be create good movies. I think after 50 years of them being able to rely on a built in audience based on what was written on the cover of a comic is influencing their movie making. The built in audience for a licensed character or even star can be pretty limited. The only kind of star with the kind of built in audience that is the difference between blockbuster and failure is the kind of star who chooses their roles carefully, and therefore wouldn't be in a Spiderman movie.

So make the Spiderman movie good, it will get good reviews, and people will watch it. Not much else is going to work.

Would not bad directing be one cause that an actor did not play a part well?

(thumbs u

-slym

Bad casting. If you cast Al Pacino as Batman and he goes all Scent Of A Woman on set, it's not his fault, he has a body of work, you know what he does. Take a big name and stuff it in tights doesn't work. Take a big name action/comedy star and you've got a better chance. The action part is important.

i could see him as Deadpool in the musical version of Merc With a Mouth.

Note to Marvel:Neighbors kicked ASM 2's azz because the movie blew chunks- avoid making such movies. (although you've already been guilty, see IM2 & IM3)

Thank you!!! I was starting to think I was the only person who thought IM3 was horrible.

I have a theory, thought it's not really a theory, just fact. Marvel started to suffer from "can't miss" syndrome. Basically they cash in and think they can't lose on their next movie, didn't even try. I like to use District 9/Elysium to illustrate my point.

District 9 did so amazing that the studio thought that Neill Blomkamp can't lose so they pretty much green light his next idea without thinking, and the public was blessed with the turd that was Elysium.

i could see him as Deadpool in the musical version of Merc With a Mouth.

Thank you!!! I was starting to think I was the only person who thought IM3 was horrible.

I have a theory, thought it's not really a theory, just fact. Marvel started to suffer from "can't miss" syndrome. Basically they cash in and think they can't lose on their next movie, didn't even try. I like to use District 9/Elysium to illustrate my point.

District 9 did so amazing that the studio thought that Neill Blomkamp can't lose so they pretty much green light his next idea without thinking, and the public was blessed with the turd that was Elysium.

:sick: