• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS - White Glove Service - Guess the condition of the slab

Guess the condition!  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Guess the condition!

41 posts in this topic

Hello! I sold a CGC copy of SUB-MARINER #64 CGC 9.4 on eBay recently. The buyer sent me the picture below and asked me to guess the condition of the comic/slab.

What do you think he found when he opened the box?

147271.jpg.42b9bbf87e2125eccd88144ebc1a8d27.jpg

Tricky...

If the bubble wrap protected it from the moisture and if cardboard was used to protect the slab then it might have escaped unscathed.

But that sucks regardless...

I will come back with the answer soon. Also, I should note that the outer box was wet and soggy.....
:o

Oh, and I forgot to say that I double box all CGC comics when I ship and that the inner box was also wet and soggy!

I will come back with the answer soon. Also, I should note that the outer box was wet and soggy.....
:o

Oh, and I forgot to say that I double box all CGC comics when I ship and that the inner box was also wet and soggy!

Proper amount of bubble wrap would still save the slab within..... :popcorn:

Tricky...

If the bubble wrap protected it from the moisture and if cardboard was used to protect the slab then it might have escaped unscathed.

But that sucks regardless...

A lot of people skip this step. Another example of why they shouldn't.

My guess is that miraculously the book is ok.

Seems like everyday a thread pops up complaining about shipping services...wouldn't it be great if there was a company that specialized in shipping collectibles. hm

Sure... right up until you saw their prices.

Ok - thanks to all those that played! :whee:

And the winner is ..... ^^

Case and comic looking good!

My shipping method is:

- Slab in a bubble mailer sealed tight around the slab

- Bubble mailer taped to inside of the inside box (reduces the need for extra bubble wrap and allows for "float" so no jarring when the post man drops the box)

- Double Boxed (1092 box in a 1095 box)

- Packing peanuts at top and bottom of inner box so it does not slide within the outer box (this also allows for "float" which prevents jarring)

The above allows for a single slab to stay just under 2 pounds so this saves on USPS fees!

I get a cracked case about once per 100 sent