• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on a comic on eBay?

83 posts in this topic

Four from this year, all came back 9.8.

Tomb of Dracula 10: paid $75, sold $1300

Spidey 33: paid $275, sold $2000

Spidey 56: paid $60, sold $1900

Spidey 62: paid $57, sold $1000

Nice!

Bats 251 for $25, came back a 9.0

Bats 386 for $7, came back a 9.6

NM98 for $50, came back 9.8

ASM 129 for $225, came back 8.5

ASM 129 CGC 8.0 for $300

Bat Adv 1-13 for $10, #12 came back 9.4

It's been a while.... but I won a Fine copy of Batman 73 for around $ 75 ..... it was back when many buyers were reluctant to buy old comics from Antique Dealers who din't have a history with comic sales..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Four from this year, all came back 9.8.

Tomb of Dracula 10: paid $75, sold $1300

Spidey 33: paid $275, sold $2000

Spidey 56: paid $60, sold $1900

Spidey 62: paid $57, sold $1000

This year?

I got a crazy deal on a Vampirella #1 CGC 9.2 for $800. :grin:

vampi1_zpsdb33585f.jpg

Wasn't Ebay though. :cloud9:

The best I have ever done was getting The Dark Knight Hardback signed and numbered by Miller for $35.00!!! It has about a 1 inch tear on the book cover but that is it. I kept my eye on them for a long time just waiting for one to slip past and not get very many bids.

Yeah, I got one that was listed by a hardcover wholesaler for "half cover"... $20.

:cloud9:

Not a comic book, but comic book related.

In the early days of eBay this item was listed as a "1970 Comic Book Catalog". The auction had no photo and no further description. The seller started it at $10 with free shipping.

I didn't know what the item was for sure, but I thought a comic book catalog from 1970 would be cool to look at. The auction ended at $10 with me as the only bidder.

Imagine my delight when this arrived in the mail a few days later.

overstreet1-f.jpg

overstreet1-b.jpg

It's the very first Overstreet Price Guide. I kept it for a few years then sold it for $450.

I don't remember this story. Amazing.

There's a boardie that bought a book for like 300 or something and sold it for like 20K a couple months later.

Hands down the all time ^^

This topic has already been covered.

Yea I remember that it was an early Action comic with a small buy it now, after getting it slabbed he sold it on CLink for around 21k I think.

There's a boardie that bought a book for like 300 or something and sold it for like 20K a couple months later.

Hands down the all time ^^

This topic has already been covered.

Yea I remember that it was an early Action comic with a small buy it now, after getting it slabbed he sold it on CLink for around 21k I think.

It was FUELMAN. Action Comics #10 for 205.50 shipped via West Virginia. Your memory of 21K at auction sounds about right. I don't think it was up long on eBay before he pulled the trigger. There's a mammoth thread on it somewhere in the archives. Even talk of the seller being made aware of what got away--and she seemed to take it in stride.

I wish I'd seen this BIN sale first:

Action Comics #10 for $200

It looks like it's in pretty good condition. The buyer, empirecollectiblescomics, nabbed it for a measly two-hundred bucks. From what I can ascertain this is a $3,000 to $8,000 comic, maybe more.

action10-bin.jpg

Deal1_zps911dc330.jpg

Came out as a 9.0 CGCed.

Deal2_zpsfc37142e.jpg

Haven't sent it in yet but I also picked up another copy (VF+) at $61. Not too shabby considering how hot the book is.

I have more like that but didn't want to bore people. I worked eBay really hard during that timespan and out of 40+ key books, only about 3 came overgraded. And the funny thing is, even the overgraded books grew in value by quite a bit. Detective Comics #359 eBay graded VF-? It came back as 4.0 CGCed, but considering I paid only $66 for it, worth my while.

I've often bought lots of comics, pulled out the HG's and sold them for more than the lot price and kept most of the lot.

Bumping this because it's near and dear to my heart, but I didn't see October post about the HoS 92 he bought for almost nothing 6 or 7 years ago, think it was described as VG and was actually VF or better?

I think Andy is the King of eBay bargain hunters! (worship)

Bumping this because it's near and dear to my heart, but I didn't see October post about the HoS 92 he bought for almost nothing 6 or 7 years ago, think it was described as VG and was actually VF or better?

I think Andy is the King of eBay bargain hunters! (worship)

Thanks bud. I still have that HoS 92. Love that issue.