• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best deal you have ever gotten on a comic on eBay?

83 posts in this topic

Books go for half their market values whenever I don't bid on them, but the second I start bidding on them, they all exceed fair market values and I end up overpaying. :ohnoez:

So, I've never gotten a good deal on ebay.

+ infinity!

A golden age book i won for $187. Slabbed and sold it for 3700.

:applause:

I've found all sorts of deals on Ebay here and there that have made money (maybe 30-40%) - but for me, my best deals have always been getting a book for a good price that ends up being a sweet high grade item. Those are the ones I usually keep for myself because replacing them would cost more than what I could sell them for.

A low feedback seller listed an X-Men #99 in "mid grade" condition with very blurry photos. Neither the title nor description noted the book as a 30 cent variant but I was pretty sure I could make out a jagged balloon in the top left corner. Bidding was low and I figured what the hey (shrug) if I don't like it I'll return it (seller accepted returns). $3 and a week later my 30 cent price variant arrived which I subsequently submitted for grading. It returned 8.5 white and I sold it for $200 a week after that.

There have been some other "steals" a little closer to my heart but I think that was the biggest one as far as the scale of price paid vs actual value.

Honorable mention: I scored a Prophet #4 SPlatt variant CGC 9.8 white for $11 because the seller titled the listing as "Profit" #4 . . . :facepalm:

I bought a lot of, maybe, 20 Bronze Daredevils with a blurry picture of a pile not fanned out or anything to show multiple books. The listing said something like "20 Daredevil comics between 110 and 150" and that was it. Paid a total of $18 with shipping.

Got the package and inside was a sweet #131 that, if I slabbed books, I'd be stunned if it came back less than 9.4.

The best I have ever done was getting The Dark Knight Hardback signed and numbered by Miller for $35.00!!! It has about a 1 inch tear on the book cover but that is it. I kept my eye on them for a long time just waiting for one to slip past and not get very many bids.

Books go for half their market values whenever I don't bid on them, but the second I start bidding on them, they all exceed fair market values and I end up overpaying. :ohnoez:

So, I've never gotten a good deal on ebay.

I feel your pain. The other day I saw an X-men 1 CGC 5.0 go for $2800.00 with just one stinking bid. My costs were in the same ballpark for a 4.0 a few weeks ago. But the 5.0 did have some nasty stains on it and my 4.0 doesn't have any chipping or tanning. BUT still...I felt like if I would have gone for the 5.0, it would have quickly gone out of my price range.

There's a boardie that bought a book for like 300 or something and sold it for like 20K a couple months later.

Hands down the all time ^^

This topic has already been covered.

I actually bought a Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 for $1200, pretty good considering the average is $1600.

I also bought a lot of bronze UXM books for a good deal. I ended up keeping the issues I wanted and selling the other issues, essentially getting my money back for what I spent on the lot. Same thing happened with a Hulk 180/181 lot. I sold the 181 for the same price I paid for the lot, so I basically got the 180 for free. Nothing like free comics!

I recently paid $62 for a newly slabbed CGC 9.8 copy of Manhattan Projects #1.

More recently, Spider Man #1 Platinum CGC 9.8 for $515 (Lowest in 3 yrs or more)

I'm not sure if it is good, but I got a Image United, Black & White Spawn McFarlane Cover, signed by Todd in CGC SS 9.9 for $200.

Like many others, when I really want a book, I usually have to over pay to get them, for example, my signature.

Not a comic book, but comic book related.

In the early days of eBay this item was listed as a "1970 Comic Book Catalog". The auction had no photo and no further description. The seller started it at $10 with free shipping.

I didn't know what the item was for sure, but I thought a comic book catalog from 1970 would be cool to look at. The auction ended at $10 with me as the only bidder.

Imagine my delight when this arrived in the mail a few days later.

overstreet1-f.jpg

overstreet1-b.jpg

It's the very first Overstreet Price Guide. I kept it for a few years then sold it for $450.