• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Problem

84 posts in this topic

When buying off metro I always call them and place my order. I don't do the purchase over the net. This way there is a chance that if the book is no longer there hopefully they can see that on their records.

When buying off metro I always call them and place my order. I don't do the purchase over the net. This way there is a chance that if the book is no longer there hopefully they can see that on their records.

That's nice smart tip and a solid course of action.

Thank you for posting this.

I was shocked last year when I got a Marvel Preview 7 VF off the Metro site for $13 that was noted as a consignment comic and it actually showed up. I also grabbed copy of Strange Tales 180 for $10 that also showed up. This was well after MP 7 had heated up and I had been selling Raws for $75-$125 on eBay. I decided to get it graded and it came back a 7.5 and sold it for over $200. Even after grading and other fees I did pretty good since it only cost $13. I thought there was no way in hell it would ever show up especially also being a consignment.

I think the lack of sufficient communication by both parties is at fault here.

what do you mean by this statement?

you think "I" should've communicated better???

I'm the buyer of a book, what other communication is needed from me once I not only pay, but pay in a manor that benifets them fully with no fees!

They had my home phone, cell phone and email. Yet no calls nor messages were left.

I had to go through my statements call my bank and pay for a stop payment. I've done nothing except waste my own time, energy and money with this deal as it is.

Would it have been difficult for you to call them and say I am mailing a check?

If someone has a book I want on their site, I do everything in my power to make sure I get it, and make sure they know I want it.

I'm the buyer of a book, what other communication is needed from me once I not only pay, but pay in a manor that benifets them fully with no fees!

They had my home phone, cell phone and email. Yet no calls nor messages were left.

I had to go through my statements call my bank and pay for a stop payment. I've done nothing except waste my own time, energy and money with this deal as it is.

If someone has a book I want on their site, I do everything in my power to make sure I get it, and make sure they know I want it.

How is that action going to help me after they canceled it in 2 days?

Also, if you do this with every book you buy you must have a lot of time on your hands.

Furthermore, as a buyer I shouldn't have to babysit a book, period!

Seriously? So what is the website for? He let them know a check was coming through the checkout procedure.

I saw a Hero for Hire #1 in 8.0 that I though was graded fairly "with a scan of the actual book - NOT a stock image" and I bought it for $250. I sent the check in that day after I marked during checkout that I would be paying with a check.

I once called a dealer and finalized a deal and about 2 minutes later someone filled out an order on the website and the dealer said that the official policy was to take the website order over a phone deal.

The bottom line is that Wally didn't do anything wrong.

Wally is not wrong at all in this situation.

Metro should make it up to him and pay for his cost to stop payment on the check.

Do the right thing Vincent.

This happened to me at Reeces comics a couple year back only thing that is different is he got in touch with me within 5-6 days after i bought it. He was at a show and the copy he had sold at the show. Got a full refund and yes i was a little upset but once i sat down and thought about it cant be easy sitting on a huge inventory to keep track of everything up to the minute. Still sucks you didnt get a call or even a Email saying that it was no longer in stock after a couple days had passed.

Wally is not wrong at all in this situation.

Metro should make it up to him and pay for his cost to stop payment on the check.

Do the right thing Vincent.

I agree. Metro needs to give a suitable replacement copy. How hard can it be to find a VFish HFH 1? Heck, give the man a NM copy to make up for all his wasted time on this. :sumo:

I love texas, my grandmother lives in texas.

I love Texas. The only member of Conan_Aficionado's family who lives in Texas is his grandmother! What a great place (thumbs u

I have to remember that I'm dealing with a bunch of cranky senior citizens in this place. No more old age jokes.

Speed Kills Del

You have become the successor to sufunk and kav in the "I post like I'm high on amphetamines" category

why should he have to call them......do you also call every company that you are ordering things from online. the point of thier website is to sell books and use the checkout feature, if this book wasn't for sale it is metros responsiblity to take it off their site or when this mistake was found out 2 days after he bought it, it was their responsibilty to contact him to inform him in some manner by email or phone

i agree metro should refund the check cancel fee as it was their fault he's being charged with it

and bob while you may destroy/send it back he has no clue where is check is....for all he know someone has it and will forge the sig to cash it. never leave a check in the open if you don't know where it is or who has it