• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This thread is : CLASSIFIED 3 !!

158 posts in this topic

This ad struck me as funny. It's a dual purpose.... 1. looking for collectors to come join together, trade books and hang out and 2. warn the rest of the collecting community to watch out for this one guy and even giving his home address :o

tbg471973seattleclubthief_zpsed9d5345.jpg

Great stuff Mike, a blast from the past. I wonder how many board members ads you could find?

Yea... there's a lot of history in these papers. If I came across an ad I knew was somebody around here I would definitely put it up.... like the Buddy Saunders one. I've seen Moondog ads too. It's great to hear stories from the dealers who know/knew each other in those days. I'm working on a cool Roy Thomas letter right now. It's pretty long and I'm trying to make it readable for any comics history buffs. It's full of..... CONTROVERSY !! :o

I may have to pay old Buddy a house call one of these days. hm

You better hurry. That ad was from 1973 :angel:

I love it that anybody who wanted to could just motivate and do something for the comics community. It didn't seem to be so much about making money as it was doing something creative that dealt with comics.

The fanzine ads are cool. Somewhere out there are copies of these two items.

tbg471973ultazine_zpscac33f41.jpg

tbg471973nucleusfanzine_zpsfb6f4af9.jpg

As I piece together the long letter from Roy Thomas, I can't help but wonder if anyone here knows this Brancatelli guy ....or remembers anything about this :wishluck:

tbg471973roythomasopenletter_zpsf5819288.jpg

Last post for tonight. Here is the Roy Thomas Open Letter to TBG. He talks about a lot of behind the scenes subjects as well as Kirby. I found it quite entertaining :popcorn:

Please excuse the patchwork look of it all and just adjust your eyes without complaint :)

roythomas1_zpsac8c6cc6.jpg

roythomas2_zps32b4c773.jpg

roythomas3_zpsbd9a1c23.jpg

roythomas4_zpsa9b88f7a.jpg

roythomas5_zps794ae1bf.jpg

roythomas6_zps5a50f0e1.jpg

roythomas7_zps419d2cef.jpg

roythomas8_zps976ff641.jpg

roythomas9_zps4386801d.jpg

roythomas10_zpsb7aca84d.jpg

Next up.... TBG 141. There's a large interview with Alan Light in this issue.... lots of pics too :)

TBG141cover_zpsed439d56.jpg

I was surprised to see how much of his own art Gene had .... and WOW... too bad those prices are 40 years old :(

TBG141genecolan_zps5c2eab8c.jpg

More classifieds...

TBG141tfzine_zps044deebe.jpg

Wham-o giant comics. A cool book... but a shipping nightmare.

TBG141whamogiant_zpsbf14e390.jpg

TBG141tbgandspidey1_zps0f09a909.jpg