• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Negative Feedback on eBay.

74 posts in this topic

(thumbs u

(shrug) wasn't sure.

Hey RMA wanna join the circle?

The circle of noobs?

No thanks.

I had my noob scrubdown a long time ago.

You ain't nothin' if you haven't been scrubbed by Bug and Nik.

:cloud9:

Hey all,

I'd like to share this experience with the board.

I put up a listing for a trade paper back of Angela from the Spawn comics.

Here is a link to this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181381115694?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

As you can see, the book was listed for a $.99 auction + Shipping and described as NM. I mean, look at it. I'm not a profession grader or anything, but it looked new to me.

Angela1.jpgAngela2.jpg

Anyway, somebody purchases it, or rather, selects buy it now. I say that because days go by without payment. It's some noob with 0 feedback, so I use the 2nd chance offer and the guy buys it for $7. I mail it out and think nothing of it.

Then I get this email and an open case:

"This comic is listed as "near mint". For reference, this is what "near mint" means": http://comicbooks.about.com/od/glossary/g/nearmint.htm The comic you sent me is warped, has creases on page corners, and has creases and dings on the cover and spine. (this would be described as "fine" - http://comicbooks.about.com/od/glossary/g/fine.htm) The amount of damage and imperfections could not have happened in shipping. I expect a "near mint" copy of the comic shipped to me, as that is what I paid for. Upon receipt of a "near mint" copy, I will send the "fine" copy back to you. Thank you."

OK, whatever... I offered to refund the money once I receive the book back.

Refund information:

You need to issue a refund of $11.00 through PayPal when the item is delivered.

Then I get this response:

"I am going to assume you didn't read what I wrote the first time, so I will send it again. "This comic is listed as "near mint". For reference, this is what "near mint" means": http://comicbooks.about.com/od/glossary/g/nearmint.htm The comic you sent me is warped, has creases on page corners, and has creases and dings on the cover and spine. (this would be described as "fine" - http://comicbooks.about.com/od/glossary/g/fine.htm) The amount of damage and imperfections could not have happened in shipping. I expect a "near mint" copy of the comic shipped to me, as that is what I paid for. Upon receipt of a "near mint" copy, I will send the "fine" copy back to you. Thank you." Read that last bit again. "I expect a 'near mint' copy of the comic shipped to me, as that is what I paid for. Upon receipt of a "near mint" copy, I will send the "fine" copy back to you. Thank you." "

Whoa...so I reply:

Your message to the buyer:

"I don't have any other copies of this book. I remember that book being in excellent condition. But, if you claim it is not, I would be happy to provide you with a full refund upon return of the book. Not sure what else I can do."

The "buyer's" response:

"I repeat, your listing has the item as "near mint". The item you sent me was "fine". Send me the item you advertised and then I will return the originally sent item. I do not want a refund, I want what I paid for. I want what was advertised in your listing. "

Since he wants to be an hole, I reply:

"Sir, I can't send you something I don't have. In my opinion, the book is near mint. Your opinion is that it's not. Let's agree to disagree. It's a $7 trade paperback. Do you think I had malicious intent to rob you of $7? Give me a break."

So then he escalates the case and eBay gives him a refund and he keeps the book. I get negative feeback.

This is what the negative feeback says: Listed as "near mint"; isn't. Seller refused to send NM copy when contacted.

What a nut!

Please block jkwmullin

Send him a large package of Ex-Lax and tell him that he'll feel like a better person after he clears that blockage that's backed up all the way to his brain.

So from now on if any of us have a good idea for a thread, should we just save ourselves the trouble and get Harvey to do it right the first time?

:D:shy:

lol:foryou:

I don't understand... he refused to return the book, yet ebay still sided with him? How is that possible?

That's right! Ebay will let the buyer keep the item and will refund the money directly out of your Paypal account, If you don't have the money in your Paypal account, It will come out of your bank account, If you don't have the money in your bank account you will receive an overdraft charge.... Happened to a friend of mine. The customer is right 95% of the time in Ebay's eyes, That's why so many people on here hate on it.

No, they won't.

eBay will either tell the buyer to ship it back (and will refund from seller's PP account once they verify it's back in the seller's hands).

Or they'll issue a refund themselves and let the buyer keep the item (with no money lost for the seller). It looks like that's what happened in this case.

What I said 100% legit happened, It was in 2007 if they have since changed it that is fantastic... Anything Ebay does to protect the seller is a step in the right direction.