• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: HULK #180

17 posts in this topic

I am rather stunned. I have owned this book for 25+ years and never noticed before the missing yellow and red color across the top. I just looked thru current and past auctions on eBay. I came across only one other copy, and it's in very poor grade, that appears to have the same color loss, see this link for completed auction from back in February:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141195190288

Does anyone else own or know of a similar copy?!?

I assume it's a printing error, is that possible?

I have to go 7.5-8.0 the tanning and slight foxing inside will knock it down as well. I have never seen the missing color like that on this book.

I think you're off on this one Paul. :grin:

I have to go 7.5-8.0 the tanning and slight foxing inside will knock it down as well. I have never seen the missing color like that on this book.

I really hope the OP slabs this one No way this book is a 9.0 the tanning alone would not be a 9.0 if this came aback a 9.0 I would be shocked . I think your off ! this book is not above an 8.0

I really hope the OP slabs this one No way this book is a 9.0 the tanning alone would not be a 9.0 if this came aback a 9.0 I would be shocked . I think your off ! this book is not above an 8.0

I think you're both wrong, how's that! 8.5 lol

are we looking art the same books? do you see the scratches on the cover, the color loss, binary tear , color breaks the tanning and more... The missing faded color? How in any situation could this book be a 9.0?

Click through to the original scan size. this was a 9.0 2 weeks ago until i had a non color breaking defect pressed out and it bumped to a 9.2. If the Op's book is a 9.0 this is a 9.6 !

Any hulk 180" The first wolverine" is a treasure I own 6 CGC copies of this book and can never seem to part with them.

9.8, 9.6 x 2 , 9.4 x 2 and this 9.2 and a couple of raw's

Need to stop buying these and buy a better scanner so I can argue better.

<a  href=th_hulk180_zpsd3b98f72.jpg' alt='th_hulkth_hulk180bk_zps0003e3e2.jpg

Hmm, it certainly does look like a printing defect... but is it possible, just possible, that another book was laying on this book perfectly aligned on that black line for many years and that it is simply sun fading? hm

Thanks for all the input! I will definitely submit this book in the future. Any reason to press it first? If the missing color is a print error how will that affect the grade? Will they note it?

For pressing - you need to look for any winking or spine stress marks that do NOT break color - hard to tell with this book if this is an issue. BUT - considering the value -- and the increase if you get one grade higher - no reason not to *though you are waiting another month for the book, lol)

I was going to guess in the 8 to 8.5 range

lower left corner ding

upper staple stress (minor - but visible)

2-3 spine creases

right front cover edge and back cover lower edge - looks like some minor folds (potential to be pressed out)

and the interior page color

None are earth shattering - but I would think that they knock the book from the 9 zone (hope I am wrong)