• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A fresh bag and board makes all the difference...

44 posts in this topic

:gossip: hint: pull the book out with the board when removing from the bag. You can pull the tape off the bag or roll the flap back onto the cover and tape onto the bag to keep the tape out of the way.

The reason you pull the book and board out together is to prevent to book from folding onto itself. And if you are not going to remove the book with the board, than you can curl the comic ever to slightly vertically to add some stiffness to the spine, so that the spine doesn't want to bend and create creases.

Thanks. I was cutting the top off the bag with scissors and then shaking the bag upside down till the comic fell out onto the table (sometimes the floor).

everybody got to be a comedian,

well, you can't bait me into some inane argument, that was me yesterday, today I'm a changed man.

Peace out my mother loving brother.

How does one go about walking and chewing gum at the same time?

Some of us aren't made of money so we can't re-bag and board every book we sell.

Peace,

Chip

While I agree that it does get expensive. There's the time getting the materials, taking the comics out of the old bags and switching to new stuff. Then there is the fact that it's boring....

I've bought about 40 long boxes in the last 5 months and pretty much all of it needs to be rebagged. I've learned a few tricks.

I buy my bags/boards in bulk when my LCS has a 50% off sale. $5.00 for a 100 boards and $2.50 for 100 bags works out nicely.

I tend to do this in front of the TV. It's tedious work and with $1 - $2 books, it's really zzz

I save all the useable boards when I sell comics in bulk. This cuts down on the rebuying as well as the weight of the boxes. I sell my drek to a wholesale guy and this allows me to bring more books for less weight/space.

Alot of times I can just add a fresh bag and it makes a big differenece. I've talked to others about this and I believe presentation is key. If you're selling at a show, you need to grab the buyer's attention and get that impulse buy. If a book's colors pop, then you're likely to sell the item more often that not. Cost of doing business.

Same principle when I sell on line. I try and make sure that the bag/board are new. Goes along way with repeat buyers on Ebay and getting that positive feedback.

Of course, to each his own....just my 2c