• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,513 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2024 at 10:46 AM, Hap Hazard said:

I know who I'm voting for President!

Sketch by Tom Richmond at SDCC

MAD 1 reprint blank Tom Richmond sketch.jpg

That's awesome!  I would've loved to have gone to this just for something like that.  Only issue is the spelling of "Neuman", but I don't know - maybe there's a reason for that? lol.  Anyway, that's so cool. :D

On 7/24/2024 at 9:26 PM, OtherEric said:

I think I like the idea of the SDCC variant better than the execution.  Still wouldn't mind getting a copy, mind you.

I've changed my mind on this one, by the way.  My objection to the execution was that when I saw the small image, it looked to me like somebody trying desperately to look like Corben... and in my experience, nobody but Corben himself had ever pulled that look off.  Seeing the larger image and realizing that they had actually found a highly suitable Corben image to use at the cover, I find it delightful.  The catch being that only 5 copies of the variant seem to have hit eBay, and the three buy it nows seem to have lasted about 5 minutes each.

It seems like about once a year I do get crazy lucky on my timing, and this was one of them, at least.  The two that are being auctioned are going for a minimum of at least half again as much as what I paid, and still have a couple days to go.

@Hap Hazard. I'm guessing you got your copy at the panel itself, given the speed with which you showed it.  Did they happen to say what the print run was?

Epitaphs_corben.jpg

On 7/31/2024 at 9:00 PM, OtherEric said:

I've changed my mind on this one, by the way.  My objection to the execution was that when I saw the small image, it looked to me like somebody trying desperately to look like Corben... and in my experience, nobody but Corben himself had ever pulled that look off.  Seeing the larger image and realizing that they had actually found a highly suitable Corben image to use at the cover, I find it delightful.  The catch being that only 5 copies of the variant seem to have hit eBay, and the three buy it nows seem to have lasted about 5 minutes each.

It seems like about once a year I do get crazy lucky on my timing, and this was one of them, at least.  The two that are being auctioned are going for a minimum of at least half again as much as what I paid, and still have a couple days to go.

@Hap Hazard. I'm guessing you got your copy at the panel itself, given the speed with which you showed it.  Did they happen to say what the print run was?

Epitaphs_corben.jpg

I thought it was 100 copies, but have been told that is incorrect, so I have know idea. And Yes I was at the panel and got a copy.

On 8/1/2024 at 6:55 PM, Hap Hazard said:

I thought it was 100 copies, but have been told that is incorrect, so I have know idea. And Yes I was at the panel and got a copy.

I thought I had heard 100 as well, but couldn't find the reference.  I still suspect that it's less than 300, which is the next rarest I know of.

On 7/31/2024 at 3:25 PM, Telegan said:

That's awesome!  I would've loved to have gone to this just for something like that.  Only issue is the spelling of "Neuman", but I don't know - maybe there's a reason for that? lol.  Anyway, that's so cool. :D

I didn't notice that till later, maybe spelling error on purpose? Goofing around with Alfred?

On 8/8/2024 at 4:42 PM, Robot Man said:

Just got in a slight upgrade of this one. The big dealer I got it from didn’t know the significance of this cover and priced it fairly low. I’m sure most of you do know…

I wonder if Bill and Al ever knew…?