• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Guys/Gals.....

57 posts in this topic

Be sure to do something interesting so no cutting room floor BS

Talk about costanzas or the JIM 83 controversy or something

If we knew what you were selling we could better advise you how to steer the conversation to the boards

Unfortunately I can't tell you the items

This statement makes no sense. If they are your own items why couldn't you mention that you plan on trying to sell them on Comic Book Men?

Unfortunately I can't tell you the items

This statement makes no sense. If they are your own items why couldn't you mention that you plan on trying to sell them on Comic Book Men?

I am guessing that CBM wants to try to keep a thin patina of credibility on the "sales" that go down on the show. That patina is being scrubbed off with a wire brush by having someone talk about a "sale" that is going to go down months from now, but apparently they feel that insuring the items are kept confidential is good enough. Unless, mkkiller is violating the terms of an agreement.

And that, I simply would not believe.

I knew a guy who sold a car to someone on Pawn Stars and he wasn't allowed to tell anyone. The car had been for sale on a forum I'm on for $7000. Then the show came out, and on the show I think he accepted like $3000. A lot of people on the forum were mad because they had offered higher than that, and he let it slip that the entire sale on the show was rigged. He said he got the full 7 grand if he agreed to make it look like the people on the show got one over on him.

I knew a guy who sold a car to someone on Pawn Stars and he wasn't allowed to tell anyone. The car had been for sale on a forum I'm on for $7000. Then the show came out, and on the show I think he accepted like $3000. A lot of people on the forum were mad because they had offered higher than that, and he let it slip that the entire sale on the show was rigged. He said he got the full 7 grand if he agreed to make it look like the people on the show got one over on him.
:o

Interesting....

Well what should I talk about give me some ideas and ill throw the collectors society in there but how should I do it.

Whatever you do, go in armed with all the knowledge you have about the book. GPA, market, scarcity or whatever. Don't just stand there looking dumb. Show the viewers the respect you have for the book and help bring class to our hobby despite the nature of reality shows, please.