• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone remember BEA mail order?

8 posts in this topic

Trying to see if anyone remembers this company that advertised in CBG in the 1970's/80's. Who owned the company? I'm not sure if it was BEA or BEAS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Trying to see if anyone remembers this company that advertised in CBG in the 1970's/80's. Who owned the company? I'm not sure if it was BEA or BEAS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I bought a number of books from them, couldn't tell you any more than that, though.

Didn't they run some telephone auctions, too?

The first place I ever ordered from regularly. If I remember right the return address said City of Industry California.

At the time I collected stamps too and many of the boxes of comics I received from BEA would not have the stamps canceled!

I bought many of my DC back issues there starting in 1979-ish up to the early 80's. I do remember getting comics at half guide price at the time. I think this was the first time I ever saw the DC checker board covers.