• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlantic City Boardwalk Con, May 14-17, 2015, Atlantic City, NJ

109 posts in this topic

My birdies have told me that ticket sales for this show are shockingly low.

No surprise since it's Atlantic City. I don't celebrate the failures of shows but one has to wonder what they were thinking by choosing Atlantic City as a venue. That place is slowly dying.

I went yesterday, and while I didn't buy anything, felt there was some potential.

I didn't have the most time, wife was pushing me to go all day Friday, and on the ride out here said I hope you're not there until 7:00 (like WWP) again. I think it kind of soured me b/c that's at the back of my head.

Lots of scantily clad women. X marks the spot.

Lots of NM 98, saw a 9.8 for $1500! Except for a couple of dealers, DACardworld and Hot Flips, I didn't recognize anyone from WWP.

I arranged through a facilitator to have a book signed by The Warriors at a meet and greet. All of the meet and greet tickets ($100) are advertised as one photo op and one item to be signed. Apparently they refused to honor any signings at the meet and greet and would only take them at a differently signing that would cost about $250 to get all of the signatures.

That is complete BS. You think they would check on these things before advertising it and selling tickets to it. Zero chance I would ever think about going to this show in the future.

I went yesterday, and while I didn't buy anything, felt there was some potential.

I didn't have the most time, wife was pushing me to go all day Friday, and on the ride out here said I hope you're not there until 7:00 (like WWP) again. I think it kind of soured me b/c that's at the back of my head.

Lots of scantily clad women. X marks the spot.

Lots of NM 98, saw a 9.8 for $1500! Except for a couple of dealers, DACardworld and Hot Flips, I didn't recognize anyone from WWP.

I'm at the point where I tell my wife not to go most of the time. She usually does it because she wants to bring the kids out or spend time with me doing what I like but spends 3/4's of the time complaining and asking when is it time to go. If a convention lasted 2 hours she would love it. Funny how she can force me to walk through a shopping area for 8+ hours without a complaint but can't do a convention for more than an hour before asking when is it over. Maybe they need to get a few retail clothing stores into conventions so I can drop the wife off... Kind of like a kids inflatable fun area.

Kool and the Gang set list, and what a gang, 12 or 13 on stage.

Fresh

This is the night for you (?)

?

Joanna

Too Hot

Can't get enough

Horn solo into

Jungle Boogie

Rap

Hollywood Swingin'

Instrumental

Cherish

You can hear it if you want (?)

some reggae bit

Ladies Night

Get down on it

Celebrate

I stopped by Friday. Estimates of 6,000 attendees that day. It had the feel of a small show. The convention center itself has about 50,000 sq. feet. It felt empty.

I wasn't at the show during he weekend so I'm not sure about attendance.

Overall, I would agree that the communications from the organizers were terrible. Even with Stan Lee and Jimmy Cheung cancelling, the show still had decent guests.

AC has potential as a venue.

- plenty of hotels

- good restaurants at the hotelsy

- nice weather

- clean beaches

- easy access and transportation.

- decent shopping just outside the convention center.

Philly's rep is just as bad as AC yet Wizard does a better job at communications and promotion.

I would like to see what they can do next year. They just better get their act together on communications.

As a side note, WWE was doing a live show that Saturday at Broadwalk Hall. They could have gotten some of the wrestlers to appear at the comic con. We are talking about 5,000 attendees at the WWE show.

Cheers!

N.