• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade my asm 101 updated pics

38 posts in this topic

6.5 IMHO! The spine wear is the biggest problem with this book, but over all appearance is not too bad!

there is juice or something that went on the comic book and it's through all the pages about 0.5 to inch in length I was wondering how that will affect the grade?

I'll post pictures of it tomorrow!

If that indeed is juice and not over spray from the distributor's marking then I would have to re-evaluate my grade!

4.5 IMHO!

6.5 IMHO! The spine wear is the biggest problem with this book, but over all appearance is not too bad!

there is juice or something that went on the comic book and it's through all the pages about 0.5 to inch in length I was wondering how that will affect the grade?

I'll post pictures of it tomorrow!

If that indeed is juice and not over spray from the distributor's marking then I would have to re-evaluate my grade!

4.5 IMHO!

the updated pics will be updated

It all depends whether it is a colored liquid (paint, some drink, whatever) or distributor ink, but it is hard to tell from the pictures.

If it is distributor ink I do think it would not affect the grade in midrange, but if it’s staining due to another liquid, it would definitely bring it in the VG range.

I would still grade this as a 5.5 (F-) if it‘s distributor's ink

and 4.0/4.5 (VG/VG+) if it’s staining from some colored liquid. (shrug)

P.S. Divad is always TOO smart… lol

The printing ink or defects don't have a big affect in the grades under say 6.0, but in HG like 9.0 etc, they make a much bigger difference than on a low grade book. Same with a general stain, it kills a HG book, but it's kind of minor for a LG book.

It looks okay for a mid grade copy, I'll say 5.0 or so because the spine looks fairly weak.

The printing ink or defects don't have a big affect in the grades under say 6.0, but in HG like 9.0 etc, they make a much bigger difference than on a low grade book. Same with a general stain, it kills a HG book, but it's kind of minor for a LG book.

It looks okay for a mid grade copy, I'll say 5.0 or so because the spine looks fairly weak.

lol that won't be a problem since I know it's not a 9.0 grade!

It all depends whether it is a colored liquid (paint, some drink, whatever) or distributor ink, but it is hard to tell from the pictures.

If it is distributor ink I do think it would not affect the grade in midrange, but if it’s staining due to another liquid, it would definitely bring it in the VG range.

I would still grade this as a 5.5 (F-) if it‘s distributor's ink

and 4.0/4.5 (VG/VG+) if it’s staining from some colored liquid. (shrug)

P.S. Divad is always TOO smart… lol

is there a certain angle you want me to take the pics from so you can see it better?

@KPR: I do not think he meant to be "greedy" in terms of evaluations, he is just unexperienced and learning. :)

@uchiha: Only you can judge if it could be some liquid and/or juice and not distributor ink, having the book in hand. Distributor ink can be very diffused, but it usually is either at the top alone, or both at the top at the bottom, while here it does not seem to be at the top at all, so I’d be cautious and call this a VG+/VGF (depending on the nature of the stain) with peace of mind – notifying the potential buyer if you are planning to sell it. (thumbs u

@KPR: I do not think he meant to be "greedy" in terms of evaluations, he is just unexperienced and learning. :)

@uchiha: Only you can judge if it could be some liquid and/or juice and not distributor ink, having the book in hand. Distributor ink can be very diffused, but it usually is either at the top alone, or both at the top at the bottom, while here it does not seem to be at the top at all, so I’d be cautious and call this a VG+/VGF (depending on the nature of the stain) with peace of mind – notifying the potential buyer if you are planning to sell it. (thumbs u

thanks for letting me know and thanks for sticking up for me like that, it's true I'm not greedy I'm just trying to learn!

Mea culpa x3, then. IMO, juice would have spread further into the paper when the book came into contact with it. Dist ink, if sprayed on, would not seep very far. I'll go w/dist ink. But like Claudio said, only you can be the judge.

Mea culpa x3, then. IMO, juice would have spread further into the paper when the book came into contact with it. Dist ink, if sprayed on, would not seep very far. I'll go w/dist ink. But like Claudio said, only you can be the judge.

thanks for your opinion espiecially since I don't really know the difference between the two yet, is there a website for comic book defects or is it in the os grading guide?

You're on the website, dude. Second forum from the top will have answers. You need just seek (but I'm sure you know the search feature is bear). In this case, the consensus is not higher than a 6.0 and not lower than a 4.0. If $ is your motivator, then not much difference value wise in that grade range.

You're on the website, dude. Second forum from the top will have answers. You need just seek (but I'm sure you know the search feature is bear). In this case, the consensus is not higher than a 6.0 and not lower than a 4.0. If $ is your motivator, then not much difference value wise in that grade range.

okay in your opinion would this comic be worth grading or selling as is?

If you want to know if it's juice or distributor's ink you are going to have to go the taste test!coffeescreen.gif

If you want to know if it's juice or distributor's ink you are going to have to go the taste test!coffeescreen.gif

eww lol so there is really no way to tell the difference?