• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 410

10 posts in this topic

My question is this. Is this really a spine split or has the page somehow "frayed"? I have seen books where the colour cover has "lifted" from the fabric of the paper itself. Can you see daylight through this spine split when the cover is opened?

My question is this. Is this really a spine split or has the page somehow "frayed"? I have seen books where the colour cover has "lifted" from the fabric of the paper itself. Can you see daylight through this spine split when the cover is opened?

I just checked, you cannot see daylight through that part.

I just checked, you cannot see daylight through that part.

That's kind of what I thought. I don't think this would be categorized as a spine split and it may indeed be production related.

I'm thinking Joey Post might be the best person to ask for a more professional opinion with regard to something of this nature. You may want to send him a request for an opinion.

I'm with Timern. Minus the spine-split - or whatever that is- I'd give the book a 9.0. If it is a spine split, I'd give it a 6.0 or 6.5. I'd be interested to know how CGC would treat it (shrug)