• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[CLOSED] Memorial Day Sales Thread - X-Men, JIM, and some random Golden Age

50 posts in this topic

So I'm a long time lurker on the boards but only recently joined. I know there's hesitation about sales threads from newer members but you gotta start somewhere. Most of these books are stuff left over from my first show as a dealer on the 18th.

The specifics:

First :takeit: in the thread trumps PMs. You can always post :takeit: via PM to alleviate confusion

Paypal is the only payment option

Shipping will be $6 and will be USPS Priority Mail. International shipping will be at the cost of the buyer. I will be shipping the books very securely and they will be in Priority Mail boxes, not padded envelopes or such.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

We'll start with the random Golden Age first.

First up is a 4Most Vol. 1 No. 4. I'd put it at G/VG. - $70

It features an interesting small ad for war bonds featuring a racist drawing of Hirohito by Dr. Seuss.

35ic0id.jpg

b6o9ie.jpg

2d7ik3r.jpg

On to some great books but each have a particular problem.

First up is an X-Men 9 - $100

I'd put this book somewhere around a F/VF but unfortunately it has the pinup cut out. Personally I like knowing that some kid had part of this book up on his wall at one point but I know most people don't share that opinion.

dhetsh.jpg

96lthv.jpg

This is also a fish-in-the-face cover - collect them all! :banana:

It features an interesting small ad for war bonds featuring a racist drawing of Hirohito by Dr. Seuss.

35ic0id.jpg

b6o9ie.jpg

2d7ik3r.jpg

Thanks, forgot about that. Love the Toad avatar! Terrible movie but I always LMAO at the goombas

This is also a fish-in-the-face cover - collect them all! :banana:

35ic0id.jpg

b6o9ie.jpg

2d7ik3r.jpg

Honestly I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to restoration so I can't say definitively. I think it's color touch. They correspond to some areas on Juggernaut's arm on the cover where you can tell some color touch was done.

X-Men 13 - $70

Also a very pretty book that I'd put somewhere around a F/VF. However, it has some ugly amateur restoration that's pictured below.

oud1zc.jpg

a4a1jd.jpg

3450dhv.jpg

What is that? Color touch or glue?

What is that? Color touch or glue?

I'm guessing it is white-out used in an attempt to mitigate the color touch.

Green Lantern 10 - somewhere in the VG+ to VG/FN range - $50

Unfortunately this book became a bit of an art project for its original owner. There are pencil trace marks all around Hal's mask and hair.

2i97epz.jpg

34xl3wj.jpg