• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction

83 posts in this topic

discuss.

Thought I had the tec 42 cinched with a couple seconds to go. bidding @ 3.5K. Placed 5K bid but was outbid. Closed at 5101. Very upset.

Guess I forced a new GPA high on the book. If anyone here won it and wants to flip, PM me.

discuss.

Thought I had the tec 42 cinched with a couple seconds to go. bidding @ 3.5K. Placed 5K bid but was outbid. Closed at 5101. Very upset.

Guess I forced a new GPA high on the book. If anyone here won it and wants to flip, PM me.

Brother, I feel for you!

I've gone through this scenario a number of times:

1. I figure out the maximum I'm willing to bid on a book. hm

2. I snipe the bid I'm sure will win. :D

3. Oh, no! I'm outbid! :cry:

4. When will I next see this book in this grade! Why didn't I bid more? :pullhair:

But ... another copy almost always eventually turns up. Sometimes a book gets relisted in short order and I end up winning it the second time around for less than my max bid the first time. Happened with one of the favorite books in my collection.

discuss.

Brother, I feel for you!

I've gone through this scenario a number of times:

1. I figure out the maximum I'm willing to bid on a book. hm

2. I snipe the bid I'm sure will win. :D

3. Oh, no! I'm outbid! :cry:

4. When will I next see this book in this grade! Why didn't I bid more? :pullhair:

But ... another copy almost always eventually turns up. Sometimes a book gets relisted in short order and I end up winning it the second time around for less than my max bid the first time. Happened with one of the favorite books in my collection.

+1 :)

Sometimes a book gets relisted in short order and I end up winning it the second time around for less than my max bid the first time.

:wishluck:

In any case I'll be sulking for days. The Billy Wright copy sold for 4.5K (including Heritage BP) so I figured a 5K bid would close it.

Sometimes a book gets relisted in short order and I end up winning it the second time around for less than my max bid the first time.

:wishluck:

In any case I'll be sulking for days. The Billy Wright copy sold for 4.5K (including Heritage BP) so I figured a 5K bid would close it.

Far be it from me to keep you from a good sulk, but unless you know how much the winner was willing to bid you don't know whether you would have won. Isn't it possible the winner put in a $20,000 bid?

I was at a business dinner and didn't get to put in another bid on the Flash #1. I might have pushed it one more increment or so, but I'll never know what the high bidder was willing to go to. Under $10k seemed like a nice deal to me

:(

I was at a business dinner and didn't get to put in another bid on the Flash #1. I might have pushed it one more increment or so, but I'll never know what the high bidder was willing to go to. Under $10k seemed like a nice deal to me

:(

Ah, sorry you didn't get it buddy. I'd love to get one of those some day.

Anyone winning anything? I forgot about the auction last night, so I only bid on tonight's stuff.

I regret not bidding more on the Marvel Mystery 15 :cry:

Hopefully someone here picked that one up.

I did get this one though:

RAD5D38D2014417_115711.jpg

:banana:

Anyone winning anything? I forgot about the auction last night, so I only bid on tonight's stuff.

I regret not bidding more on the Marvel Mystery 15 :cry:

Hopefully someone here picked that one up.

I did get this one though:

RAD5D38D2014417_115711.jpg

:banana:

(worship)(worship)(worship)