• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC book shipped Media Mail for $3.17

121 posts in this topic

He joined after I did so this event wasn't "before my time." How did I miss this?

I don't usually join up with the pitchfork and torch wielding villagers... however let me get this straight:

Solarcadet1 lied / misdirected / misled / purposely omitted truth creating a lack of clarity / concerning his father having cancer?

Low class if true. Sorry...

No reason for that.

Right but if that's the worst thing he's done-and people keep saying he 'cheated' etc but no one ever offers an actual example of it - then I can forgive him and actually feel sorry for him for saying it.

When someone is kind enough to pull back the curtain and let you peer long and deep into their very soul it's not a crime to learn from what they've chosen to show you.

He joined after I did so this event wasn't "before my time." How did I miss this?

I don't usually join up with the pitchfork and torch wielding villagers... however let me get this straight:

Solarcadet1 lied / misdirected / misled / purposely omitted truth creating a lack of clarity / concerning his father having cancer?

No reason for that.

Right but if that's the worst thing he's done-and people keep saying he 'cheated' etc but no one ever offers an actual example of it - then I can forgive him and actually feel sorry for him for saying it.

When someone is kind enough to pull back the curtain and let you peer long and deep into their very soul it's not a crime to learn from what they've chosen to show you.

True. But I believe mere shunning is sufficient not throw stones whenever you see the guy.

And let us all not forget that solarcadet is also the same "winner" who claimed his dad was dead, then later said he was sick, then when confronted on it, said that he just wanted to make his dad feel bad. :facepalm:

sorry guys to keep you waiting...

been on phone all evening my dad is very sick with cancer

anyways, Joecgcmaniac claims its not real.... :blahblah:

i offer the friendly wager that I get it CGC'ed and he pays the processing and if I dont I will gladly paypal the same to him (thumbs u

wouldn't that be more entertaining than just showing the book gallery online...

worse case scenario is i'm wrong and Joe makes $40 :acclaim:

Everyone wants it to be fake, but deep down dont you really want it to be real and see me get a free CGC'ed embossed Man of Steel #1?

are you not entertained? :headbang:

:facepalm:

No, entertaining would be you posting a link to the book gallery.

Why would I ever trust you with $40? :screwy:

Sorry to hear your dad is battling cancer. One question though. You posted this just about 2 months ago.

right on Bill! You are A-OK in my book (thumbs u

Show some of the 10.0 Love sometime I would really like to see a whole bunch of them together....

and again a big shout to MsSmidt for dogging my Superman #233 CGC 4.5

My dad bought it for me in 1982 and its symbolizes the son father bond we had now that he died from exposure to Agent orange in Vietnam serving our country :sorry:

I thought your dad was dead? ???

no not yet just said that to make him feel bad. but seriously, my dad is sick he will have a 4th major surgery this coming month. talking bs aboiut comics is great bonding as he is in texas and im in LA

ill submit it and if gets CGC'ed you reimburse but if CGC rejects i offer it back

just a friendly wager...

its a silly book of no value

This should be his custom title.

Bingo. I don't get why people take this tool seriously.

who is taking me seriously?

are you following them?

I'm a forgive and forget guy. Some people delight in throwing stones.

Forgiveness is reserved for those that desire it and earn it.

Forgetting is the destruction of knowledge and is never advisable lest you be reminded of the shiny red you've chosen to forget.

No reason for that.

True. But I believe mere shunning is sufficient not throw stones whenever you see the guy.

Compared to what my parents and family would have done to me if I faked my father's death and used cancer as a chip in some sort of game, the "stones" here are manufactured by Nerf™ .

No reason for that.

Compared to what my parents and family would have done to me if I faked my father's death and used cancer as a chip in some sort of game, the "stones" here are manufactured by Nerf™ .

Good point

Pure class.

I buy and sell all week long on the boards so the HOS is a complete joke

I have boardies coming to me for their foreign needs

My money is apparently greener than yours. I am in good standings with the Mods and that is all that matters

Again, you and HOS voters have zero power or authority...

Quoted for posterity.

-slym

picture_3.0_cinema_1050.0.png

Karma's a bltch.

^^

Maybe he can sell it in a "my fathers dying so I have to sell books" thread. (thumbs u

Didn't you know? His father has since passed away... again.

I hate making light of someone's death, but SC1 "dug his own grave" here (pardon the awful pun.) I will never trust a word that comes out of his mouth, or typed by his hands, ever again.

SC1's dad, if you really are deceased, I have the utmost respect and the full amount of human sympathy regarding the situation. Either way, your son is an individual_without_enough_empathy, and I am sorry for that as well.

:(

-slym

And let us all not forget that solarcadet is also the same "winner" who claimed his dad was dead, then later said he was sick, then when confronted on it, said that he just wanted to make his dad feel bad. :facepalm:

sorry guys to keep you waiting...

been on phone all evening my dad is very sick with cancer

anyways, Joecgcmaniac claims its not real.... :blahblah:

i offer the friendly wager that I get it CGC'ed and he pays the processing and if I dont I will gladly paypal the same to him (thumbs u

wouldn't that be more entertaining than just showing the book gallery online...

worse case scenario is i'm wrong and Joe makes $40 :acclaim:

Everyone wants it to be fake, but deep down dont you really want it to be real and see me get a free CGC'ed embossed Man of Steel #1?

are you not entertained? :headbang:

:facepalm:

No, entertaining would be you posting a link to the book gallery.

Why would I ever trust you with $40? :screwy:

Sorry to hear your dad is battling cancer. One question though. You posted this just about 2 months ago.

right on Bill! You are A-OK in my book (thumbs u

Show some of the 10.0 Love sometime I would really like to see a whole bunch of them together....

and again a big shout to MsSmidt for dogging my Superman #233 CGC 4.5

My dad bought it for me in 1982 and its symbolizes the son father bond we had now that he died from exposure to Agent orange in Vietnam serving our country :sorry:

I thought your dad was dead? ???

no not yet just said that to make him feel bad. but seriously, my dad is sick he will have a 4th major surgery this coming month. talking bs aboiut comics is great bonding as he is in texas and im in LA

ill submit it and if gets CGC'ed you reimburse but if CGC rejects i offer it back

just a friendly wager...

its a silly book of no value

This should be his custom title.

Bingo. I don't get why people take this tool seriously.

who is taking me seriously?

are you following them?

I'm a forgive and forget guy. Some people delight in throwing stones.

Forgiveness is reserved for those that desire it and earn it.

Forgetting is the destruction of knowledge and is never advisable lest you be reminded of the shiny red you've chosen to forget.

re: the emboldened part

That is something he has never desired, nor ever earned.

:)

-slym

Karma's a bltch.

^^

Maybe he can sell it in a "my fathers dying so I have to sell books" thread. (thumbs u

I hate making light of someone's death, but this guy dug his own grave here. I will never trust a word that comes out of his mouth, or his typed by his hands, ever again.

SC1's dad, if you really are deceased, I have the utmost respect and the full amount of human sympathy regarding the situation. Either way, your son is an individual_without_enough_empathy, and I am sorry for that as well.

-slym

Lots of families deal with the specter of cancer every day. Hoping to steal one more day, week, month from the reaper. The darkness it takes to lie/joke whatever about something like that, about someone dying from it when they aren't really dead, is beyond comprehension, good taste, and the effort it takes to educate that person if they don't already know how incredibly ignorant they are.

Nothing but respect for the father, if he struggled against that disease, and lacked a son that took his mortality seriously enough to not make him a joke or a tool to work deals to his liking.

Karma's a bltch.

^^

I hate making light of someone's death, but this guy dug his own grave here. I will never trust a word that comes out of his mouth, or his typed by his hands, ever again.

-slym

Lots of families deal with the specter of cancer every day. Hoping to steal one more day, week, month from the reaper. The darkness it takes to lie/joke whatever about something like that, about someone dying from it when they aren't really dead, is beyond comprehension, good taste, and the effort it takes to educate that person if they don't already know how incredibly ignorant they are.

Nothing but respect for the father, if he struggled against that disease, and lacked a son that took his mortality seriously enough to not make him a joke or a tool to work deals to his liking.

The total lack of remorse and understanding is what befuddles me.

Once again "cool books" (no trademark) wins out over anything else. It is much easier to deal with the outright scammers than the morally repugnant.

It's been said before, and I think it's absolutely true: people would stomp on their own mothers to get books they want at the price they want.

Karma's a bltch.

^^

-slym

I agree with you Chris. We have well liked boardies on here fighting it right now. Kav, I am very disappointed that this is the person you felt you needed to defend. As said by numerous people, he has never asked for forgiveness and flaunts his contempt for other board members whenever given the chance.

Karma's a bltch.

^^

-slym

I agree with you Chris. We have well liked boardies on here fighting it right now. Kav, I am very disappointed that this is the person you felt you needed to defend. As said by numerous people, he has never asked for forgiveness and flaunts his contempt for other board members whenever given the chance.

Ok I just always tend to defend the underdog but sometimes they're the underdog for a reason....

Karma's a bltch.

^^

I hate making light of someone's death, but SC1 "dug his own grave" here (pardon the awful pun.) I will never trust a word that comes out of his mouth, or typed by his hands, ever again.

-slym

do you ever pass up a chance to pass judgment on others? That's like 50% of your posts....just sayin.

I have a memorized list of people I will never buy from. No matter what the book is.

lol

I can't remember that many. I have to put them on ignore and that list grows almost daily.

I have a memorized list of people I will never buy from. No matter what the book is.

lol

I can't remember that many. I have to put them on ignore and that list grows almost daily.

I'm proud to be on that list

Karma's a bltch.

^^

-slym

do you ever pass up a chance to pass judgment on others? That's like 50% of your posts....just sayin.

Like your not passing up a chance to dodge culpability, never admit guilt, or display even a midge of contrition?

You're trying to shift the conversation to other people, when it's about you.