• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - ASM 361

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys, wondering what you all think regarding the grade of my ASM 361. Was going to post the full arc for sale but don't want to be kicking myself if it might grade out at a 9.8 and Carnage ends up in the Venom movie.

30tgynb.jpg

eisbrl.jpg

Hey eeyore! Your scans are a tad on the small side so giving an accurate grade from a small scan is difficult! You should try and link to larger scans so we get a better idea of what is going on with your book. Grading from a scan is not totally accurate but it is fun.

I would venture a guess at 9.6 for your copy maybe higher in hand or with larger scans!

You are correct about the gripper tears being a printing defect that doesn't effect the grade! Nor does the slightly mis-wrapped cover!

Nice looking copy!

Printing defects do have an affect at the top grade levels, such as 9.8 and Mint. How much is debatable. If every copy had a tiny defect like that, then I can see them giving out 9.8's etc, easily. If other copies exist without the same defect, then there should be a difference.

Printing defects do have an affect at the top grade levels, such as 9.8 and Mint. How much is debatable. If every copy had a tiny defect like that, then I can see them giving out 9.8's etc, easily. If other copies exist without the same defect, then there should be a difference.

"effect" :baiting::hi:

You are correct about the gripper tears being a printing defect that doesn't effect the grade!

:gossip: Tim, Those don't look like gripper tears to me . . . they look like tiny tears. The difference is that a gripper tear starts with a hole where tthe cover is "gripped". But yes, the scans are too low res and too small.

Hi David, those are two words I always had/have trouble with. Effect is the noun, affect is the verb form right? I don't know. :sorry:

The book looks like a 9.8 given the picture and not counting the printing defect. I do have a lot of the 361, I was still collecting then. It seemed like about half of those I saw had the tears.

Hi David, those are two words I always had/have trouble with. Effect is the noun, affect is the verb form right? I don't know. :sorry:

The book looks like a 9.8 given the picture and not counting the printing defect. I do have a lot of the 361, I was still collecting then. It seemed like about half of those I saw had the tears.

Generally, that's correct, except that you can "effect" the action of doing something, as in "effect the service of a trial subpoena". :)

All of my copies have had the miscut, but no tears. I'd like to see larger scans to be sure. (thumbs u

Does the gripper tear on the back cove line up with the one on the front cover?

The oversized staple holes is another production error that is pretty common on this book. I can't be sure but your copy might just be that and nothing more. It's tough to call that one without the book in hand.

Based on what these guys say, and the large scans, I would slab it. That is, unless you've got more expensive books. :)

The mis-wrap is about the slightest I've seen for this issue (except for those that are perfect). Other slabbed HG copies have been off up to 1/4" (L to R) on either the top or bottom.

Thanks Tim, I also wasn't aware that there were common issues with the staples. I'd like to look at some of mine, but I have no idea what box they are in, maybe later.

I hope you find them. If you don't post them here PM me and I'd be happy to look at them for you!