• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 step program?

7 posts in this topic

I think I may need a 3 step program for comic collectors.

vsm735.jpg3exld.jpg

Let me give a little back ground. I have only been back into collecting for about 3 months after a 15yr+ hiatus. All I had going into this was a few Star Wars comics and the Kingdom Come series. I just finished completing Batman and Tec from copper age to the end. I am also not far from completing the Gi Joe and Transformers series as well as the 1st Wolverine series. I plan to complete Tec and Batman back to the Bronze age and then pick and choose books from the silver/gold age. I also collect Xmen from issue 94 forward and ASM black suit through Mcfarlane era.

I definitely have to thank Ed as he has help with a huge junk of the Batman's.

Think I need to seek help? :D

Here a few of my favorite books

2v0hg1v.jpg2jepsuf.jpg

Thanks to all the cool people on the board, this has and is going to be fun.

welcome back to collecting. Your current journey is very common after a departure from collecting.

It is common for a former collector to try to re-acquire all those old books.

I went through it myself.

If you haven't paid the rent for three months, you're driving on expired plates with no insurance and living on a diet of romaine noodles - all so you can have more $$ for comics - then yes, you have a problem. Intervention would be good.

If however everything else is being taken care in your life and you can afford what you have acquired, all is good. It is not a hobby if you don't spend money and time on it.

(thumbs u

Similar story-a few Thors got me into Kirby-within months I had 1 1/2 longboxes full.

If you haven't paid the rent for three months, you're driving on expired plates with no insurance and living on a diet of romaine noodles - all so you can have more $$ for comics - then yes, you have a problem. Intervention would be good.

If however everything else is being taken care in your life and you can afford what you have acquired, all is good. It is not a hobby if you don't spend money and time on it.

(thumbs u

It's definitely more fun this time around with a larger discretionary fund. That and I hunt deals. If I average out what I paid for the completed runs of Batman and Tec I only paid about $1.50 each( all VF to NM) and can say most of the rest of the runs average out to about $1.20 each. The ASM have been the most expensive next to the high end wolverine keys.