• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAS YOU FAITH IN CGC BEEN SHAKEN???

HAS CGC SHAKEN YOUR FAITH IN 3rd PARTY GRADING?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. HAS CGC SHAKEN YOUR FAITH IN 3rd PARTY GRADING?

64 posts in this topic

Considering all the threads, opinions, stakes, agendas, and evidence surrounding this entire issue, to me only ONE thing is clear:

This move by cgc DID NOT INCREASE anyone's faith in cgc.

People's faith either stayed the same or decreased.

'Nuff said.

By the numbers , that would seem to be the case. By emotion, that is NOT the case. Time will tell, as all the FACTS

are not in play,YET!

Obi-Wan has taught you well.................... but you are NOT a Jedi YET! insane.gif

Considering all the threads, opinions, stakes, agendas, and evidence surrounding this entire issue, to me only ONE thing is clear:

'Nuff said.

By the numbers , that would seem to be the case. By emotion, that is NOT the case. Time will tell, as all the FACTS

are not in play,YET!

Obi-Wan has taught you well.................... but you are NOT a Jedi YET! insane.gif

But a jedi soon to be, you will ! devil.gif

(Really need a Yoda emoticon here!)

Iron Maiden...... cloud9.gif

Up the Irons!

It's been a week now.....and I've started to get over the experience..........so I am willling to talk about it. As my lapdog Kenny Z. alluded to.....I didn't really see Iggy and Iron Maiden......it was....

(god help me, this is tougher than I thought......okay......deep breath........ok......feel better.....)

.....it was......(and get your 27_laughing.gif emoticons ready.....)

airsupplyandchristophercrossandionlydiditbecauseilovemywifeandshewantedtogoandiboughtticketsforher

There. I said it. Having never listened to any of AS's music, I was expecting the worst. Luckily, I wasn't quite accurate in my prediction, .....but it was close. I now think of them as the Siegfried & Roy of easy listening "rock", and I use the term "rock" very loosely. C. Cross you all know about, decent performer, very decent guitarist. AS had flown under my radar (gee I wonder why). Anyway....it wasn't that bad....and (ok, I just threw up in my mouth.) Sorry all you Air Supply fans out there. It was fun, in a twisted kind of watch-the-guy-dressed-up-and-coifed-like-someone's-aunt-prance-around-on-stage way.

I do feel better Brain. Sorry to hijack your poll thread.

couples.jpg

(shudder)

Oh man, Red, you let your wife drag you to that HIDEOUS concert? Chris Cross and his sugary, anodyne fluff is bad enough, but AIR SUPPLY? The last word in cheesy, bland MOR. Worse than Journey, Asia, Styx, Foreigner etc. tongue.gif If that's possible.

FOR SHAME!!!!! Admittedly it echoes the similar schism I have with my wife regarding musical taste, but she would never get me to go to a George Michael gig, as she knows I'm way too intense about music (far more than about comics).

I have a cardinal rule about groups like Air Supply, and that is that their music is not allowed in my house.

For your penance I sentence you to ten Slipknot and Cradle Of Filth concerts. No earplugs shall be permitted, and you must stay to the bitter end. devil.gif

After that you must play Funhouse at full volume for fibbing about seeing Iggy. Fifty times. Within earshot of your missus.

Oh man, Red, you let your wife drag you to that HIDEOUS concert? Chris Cross and his sugary, anodyne fluff is bad enough, but AIR SUPPLY? The last word in cheesy, bland MOR. Worse than Journey, Asia, Styx, Foreigner etc. tongue.gif If that's possible.

FOR SHAME!!!!! Admittedly it echoes the similar schism I have with my wife regarding musical taste, but she would never get me to go to a George Michael gig, as she knows I'm way too intense about music (far more than about comics).

I have a cardinal rule about groups like Air Supply, and that is that their music is not allowed in my house.

For your penance I sentence you to ten Slipknot and Cradle Of Filth concerts. No earplugs shall be permitted, and you must stay to the bitter end. devil.gif

After that you must play Funhouse at full volume for fibbing about seeing Iggy. Fifty times. Within earshot of your missus.

I accept your diagnosis Dr. Goldust! sorry.gif And Nikos....it was for Love. Don't that count? confused-smiley-013.gif

I accept your diagnosis Dr. Goldust! sorry.gif And Nikos....it was for Love. Don't that count? confused-smiley-013.gif

LOVE.........STRONGER THAN MONEY.........STRONGER THAN FAME..........IT MAKES STRONG MEN WEAK.........AND WEAK MEN STRONG.......... cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

'Nuff said.

are not in play,YET!

But a jedi soon to be, you will ! devil.gif

(Really need a Yoda emoticon here!)

27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmmm, you seek yoda...yoda.gif

I only learned the dark-haired dude in Air Supply was a dude when I saw them lipsynch on freakin' Solid Gold.

There, I just told my age.

Hey, kids, remember the Solid Gold Dancers?

On another note, God bless 10-year-old Jim Beam. insane.gif

I only learned the dark-haired dude in Air Supply was a dude when I saw them lipsynch on freakin' Solid Gold.

There, I just told my age.

Hey, kids, remember the Solid Gold Dancers?

On another note, God bless 10-year-old Jim Beam. insane.gif

In the car ride down to the show, my wife slapped in a "Best of Air Supply" cd.....and after a couple of songs, turned to my wife and asked..."So who's the chick in the group?" confused-smiley-013.gif

hey - get a life - i LIKE Styx, Journey and Foreigner.......... sumo.gif

My deepest sympathies. tongue.gifstooges.gif

My deepest sympathies. tongue.gifstooges.gif

DITTO........ROCK........HARD........BUTT-KICKING.........ROCK!!!! AND I DON'T MEAN 'LIGHT ROCK'!!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

Having met Red's wife I can understand why he would do anything for her...but this?

As far as concerts go for me, if your ears aren't bleeding and you don't have a few bruises you wasted your money and time.

Thanks for the tea and sympathy folks. It took several full-blast-through-the-earphones playings of Iggy Pop's Skull Ring album before I felt normal again.

Yeah....this did it......

Little Electric Chair

You didn't mean to do it

but you did it again

The night started out

F*in around with your friends

Somebody screamed and things went bad

Now you're standing accused

And the prosecutor says you should be dead

And they're frying' up your hair

In that little electric chair

They'll be fryin' up your hair

in that little electric chair

Fryin' up your hair

In that little electric chair

Electric chair

Electric chair

Electric chair

Easy street is nice in a lawless nation

The police put some flyers in circulation

Stuck one in my door with a scary mugshot

They're looking for some bad boys

Height, weight, age, race, tattoos too

And they're fryin' up your hair

fryin' up your hair

in the little electric chair

Electric chair

Electric chair

Electric chair

The people are quietly hustling for blood

they wanna live in peace

but they don't wanna budge

from their lazy ways and lazy nations

let em eat pigeon

and live in prison

And they'll be fryin' up your hair

they'll be fryin' up your hair

Highly recommended - Red

My daughter is getting me an I-Pod for X-mas and loading it with all the best head-banging tunes of the last 30 years headbang.gif I'll have to have her include some Iggy Pop. thumbsup2.gif

I love her cloud9.gif She is the best kid a mom could wish for.

Sorry for the thread hijack Brain!

My daughter is getting me an I-Pod for X-mas and loading it with all the best head-banging tunes of the last 30 years headbang.gif I'll have to have her include some Iggy Pop. thumbsup2.gif

I love her cloud9.gif She is the best kid a mom could wish for.

Sorry for the thread hijack Brain!

No big deal.But could these boards support a rock thread????? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifheadbang.gif