• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Moon Knight #1

9 posts in this topic

Picked up this pretty cool copy today. It lays flat and really can't see a huge dings against it. Corners don't seem to be that squared I think. The back is where most of the damage comes into play I feel. Going to think if I should press it out due to the bottom right hand corner. Because it has mostly a white spine and white back cover I can't really tell if there are color breaks. I am going to take a n00b guess and say 9.0/9.2 but could use more expert opinions here. I could be way off base here lol... overall I think it is a good looking copy...

moonkight_1_front_small.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.dnaelite.com/images/comics/moonkight_1_front.jpg

moonkight_1_back_small.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.dnaelite.com/images/comics/moonkight_1_back.jpg

Hopefully, Hado's 'Welcome to PGM' thread will get stickied so everyone can see the helpful tips within.

Probably the one I mention most is that the OP shouldn't add their grade opinion in their original post. It may not be such a big deal, but I really think it makes a difference if the grader looks at the image with no numbers already in their head.

Nice use of the colored background. I think this shade of blue works best for some reason (unless we're grading TOD #15 or WBN #5 etc.). Maybe because it's a calm color. And I digress. Sorry.

With the light staple stress, tiny corner crease, and the wrinkles/bends visible on the BC- I'd say 7.5

But a press could increase that, if it doesn't go against your religion. Best guess after a bump... 8.0/8.5

Very hard in scans to see if there are stress lines on that spine,

color breaking or not. So, please open the book, hold it up and tell

me if you can count spine stress lines/creases on the spine from

the inside, and if so, how many are there?

8.0 IMHO! This book looks like it might be a Joey Post candidate. The spine stress appears to be pressable with the exception of the larger one on the back cover just above the top staple. The concern with regard to colour break or in this case breaking the upper layer of the cover gloss (I guess would be the correct term)? Nice acquisition regardless!

Thanks everyone... in the future I won't post what I think as far as grade until I get a few response. I tried to make it obvious that I am still new at grading but I think you are right. A number already presented might screw with responses.

I try not to handle these older comics a whole lot other then to page count and make sure no coupons are cut out. Never thought about counting spine stresses by opening the cover. Ill do that after work and let everyone know how many I see.

Not opposed to pressing as long as it is worth it...

Thanks everyone... in the future I won't post what I think as far as grade until I get a few response. I tried to make it obvious that I am still new at grading but I think you are right. A number already presented might screw with responses.

I try not to handle these older comics a whole lot other then to page count and make sure no coupons are cut out. Never thought about counting spine stresses by opening the cover. Ill do that after work and let everyone know how many I see.

Not opposed to pressing as long as it is worth it...

As a newbie (or newer PGM member) we are starting a PGM Guide. If there is anything that you might want to contribute in the way of queries or suggestions to help make this forum easier and more enjoyable please have a look at this thread:

PGM Guide Test Thread

Anything at all is helpful and appreciated!

Cheers!

Tim

Okay additional photos...

moonkight_1_copyA_001.jpg

moonkight_1_copyA_002.jpg

moonkight_1_copyA_003.jpg

moonkight_1_copyA_004.jpg

Alot of the damage doesn't seem to be breaking any color so this one will be pressed too. Only damage I could see when I open the cover was in those two photos. Also decided to take a picture of the pages since I had it open. If anyone needs the Hi Res photos just let me know and I will post up a link... thank you everyone!

8.0 IMHO! This book looks like it might be a Joey Post candidate. The spine stress appears to be pressable with the exception of the larger one on the back cover just above the top staple. The concern with regard to colour break or in this case breaking the upper layer of the cover gloss (I guess would be the correct term)? Nice acquisition regardless!

I am in agreement here!! Nicely done.