• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic connect auction thoughts

345 posts in this topic

How did a Wonder Woman 1 cgc 7.5 just sell for 42k?

And would they prefer my 8.0 for 82k?

That Denver copy screams vf/nm appeal

And was likely priced at close to it.

Checking on GPA, Wonder Woman 1 cgc 7.5 blue sold for 20.5k 9 months ago. It is already listed at 42k in the cc auction. Does this mean that All Star 8 will rise similarly? How about Sensation1? There are so many WW options to get a key. I would think All Star 8 is still the one to get. Do others agree?
I want to say that the WW your talking about had an eye sore of a store stamp on the cover, a 5 or 6 line paragraph. Or maybe I'm thinking of another book

As the current owner of that WW1 7.5 - now a WW1 8.0 - with white pages I might add! - I'd say the 3 line date stamp looks historic, not eye sore-ish! :sumo:

And don't by his 8.0 for $82K - you can have mine for $79K! :devil:

Checking on GPA, Wonder Woman 1 cgc 7.5 blue sold for 20.5k 9 months ago. It is already listed at 42k in the cc auction. Does this mean that All Star 8 will rise similarly? How about Sensation1? There are so many WW options to get a key. I would think All Star 8 is still the one to get. Do others agree?
I want to say that the WW your talking about had an eye sore of a store stamp on the cover, a 5 or 6 line paragraph. Or maybe I'm thinking of another book

As the current owner of that WW1 7.5 - now a WW1 8.0 - with white pages I might add! - I'd say the 3 line date stamp looks historic, not eye sore-ish! :sumo:

A simple date stamp, I can almost live with. That Store stamp on your WW is just something I cant handle. Glad you like it, that's all that counts

BTW, if any one is bidding on the Mystic #2 tomorrow...prepare for battle.

In the Game of Pwns I got squashed by The Mountain. :cry:

Someone went thermonuclear! :o

Sold for $30K plus change

Right at 3X guide. I bid $30K...but that was my limit. The #3 also went for 3X guide at a little over $21K. Strong prices for two wonderful books.

I'm a little confused with the Mystic book. In the description, it says that they are the Allentown copy, but it is not recognized on the CGC label that it is the Allentown Pedigree book?

Right at 3X guide. I bid $30K...but that was my limit. The #3 also went for 3X guide at a little over $21K. Strong prices for two wonderful books.

I'm a little confused with the Mystic book. In the description, it says that they are the Allentown copy, but it is not recognized on the CGC label that it is the Allentown Pedigree book?

The listing also says that the book has been resubbed to CGC and will be delivered with the Allentown notation.

The listing also says that the book has been resubbed to CGC and will be delivered with the Allentown notation.

Missed that bit of information (thumbs u

uh oh prices are collapsing already!!

The trimmed Detective 27 price was much higher than I expected.

As was the action 1. Both probably 20-25% higher than majority expected hm

I did want to talk for a moment about the WW1 7.5.

I certainly understand it was a good looking book, and I am not trying to make any comment about the quality or even the price value of the book.

But, IMO, buying a book - for a 9.0 price - when the book looks like a 9.0, but is graded a 7.5, seems VERY risky, especially when it looks like a 9.0 only in Internet photos.

(I've certainly received books in the mail, after winning in auction, that looked in pictures much higher than the grade, only to realize, with book in hand, that the flaws are more evident and the book now appears just as graded. I paid prices in line with GPA for the assigned grade, BTW.)

I'm not sure how anyone justifies paying 9.0 prices for a 7.5 book, based on seeing pictures that suggest the book might be a 9.0....

... I know many of you do it - you're braver (and more of a gambler) than I am...

... or perhaps the reality is that WW1 is on the rise, much like AS8 jumped last year...

I certainly understand it was a good looking book, and I am not trying to make any comment about the quality or even the price value of the book.

But, IMO, buying a book - for a 9.0 price - when the book looks like a 9.0, but is graded a 7.5, seems VERY risky, especially when it looks like a 9.0 only in Internet photos.

(I've certainly received books in the mail, after winning in auction, that looked in pictures much higher than the grade, only to realize, with book in hand, that the flaws are more evident and the book now appears just as graded. I paid prices in line with GPA for the assigned grade, BTW.)

I'm not sure how anyone justifies paying 9.0 prices for a 7.5 book, based on seeing pictures that suggest the book might be a 9.0....

... I know many of you do it - you're braver (and more of a gambler) than I am...

... or perhaps the reality is that WW1 is on the rise, much like AS8 jumped last year...

I viewed this book less as a 7.5 and more as the Denver copy. Warranted a premium IMO

I viewed this book less as a 7.5 and more as the Denver copy. Warranted a premium IMO

Rick,

I have no issue with a premium for a book, and I'm happy to pay 10%, maybe on-rare-occassion 20% more for a book that looks good (that I want, of course) ...

... but paying not that far from 2X your own estimate of FMV for the book (not that far from 2 x $25K) seems like more than a premium to me...

Although I'll openly admit to my personal investment in this outcome, I can't help but feel this a statement of both a good looking copy, and a rise in value for WW1...

Rick,

I have no issue with a premium for a book, and I'm happy to pay 10%, maybe on-rare-occassion 20% more for a book that looks good (that I want, of course) ...

... but paying not that far from 2X your own estimate of FMV for the book (not that far from 2 x $25K) seems like more than a premium to me...

Although I'll openly admit to my personal investment in this outcome, I can't help but feel this a statement of both a good looking copy, and a rise in value for WW1...

WW1 is still undervalued, no doubt. Clink recently sold a 7.5 for 25k I believe

This book likely won't be in higher holder... I believe its cgc potential has been maximized. That said , buy the book, not the grade.

I may bid on the plod 6.5 cap America 1. It has been re glossed. What exactly does that mean? What does someone do to re gloss a book? Would it feel like a normal comic if held, or would the cover feel stiff?

Thanks,

David

I may bid on the plod 6.5 cap America 1. It has been re glossed. What exactly does that mean? What does someone do to re gloss a book? Would it feel like a normal comic if held, or would the cover feel stiff?

Thanks,

David

There is typically a different feel to a reglossed comic