• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT Identity Crisis Speculation Thread! (Spoilers?)

72 posts in this topic

Yes, on the next page Jean is revealed to be Ultraa, the Multi-Alien and he/she has been mind-controlling the Atom all along. Which is okay, because he turns out to be Krypto the Super Dog in disguise, and the real Atom has been stuck battling a flea on his fur for the last four years...

cloud9.gif Ah, the flavor of the early Copper Age returns... 27_laughing.gif

I take a few days off to have my wisdom teeth pulled and the only forums I want to risk venturing into at this point are modern and copper.

There were over 2000 new posts in the Comics General forum!

Save yourself the eye straining agony. I've never seen so many words used to say so little in my entire life. frustrated.gif

Modern and Copper are the only two sub-forums worth visiting! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Page could be another mis-direct. Although, w/out seeing the first page, it's kind of tough to predict.

We get MM's reaction. Did Bats straight up tell him, or is he speculating on Bats words, "Find Ray!"??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can't wait for Wednesday!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

All I could tell from this one page for sure is that it's pretty darn cold in that bedroom! wink.gif

I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed with the conclusion...

If the motive for the killer is weak, it's going to kill me. And won't that be ironic? Killed by a weak motive?

Huh?

Right?

Hello?

The killer is the Riddler...oh wait...that was another eagerly anticipated conclusion... frustrated.gif

I've haven't read all the IC issues but I sincerely hope DC pulls through and doesn't provide another Hush letdown...

Jim

THE KILLER REVEALED!!! (But probably not...) A little laugh courtesy of GenXMaverick on the Newsarama.com message board:

"Jason Todd appeared in Identity Crisis #4 on pages 20 and 21. The narration is set up to fool us into thinking it's Batman narrating the captions. It is not. It is Jason Todd.

Alfred has been mindswapped with Jason Todd.

Jason is commenting on what people think of serial killers:

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that."

"I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it."

"Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either."

So...

there you have it. Jason, in Alfred's body, has been committing the murders using the size-changing belt Shadow Thief stole from The Atom. Yes, that's right. Atom was never involved. Everyone got conned.

The ending to I.C. #6? Silly fanboy. When a heterosexual man gets into bed with a hot chick in her underwear... doesn't he always have a wicked look on his face?

But (and DC is really going to hate me for this) that isn't the real secret. No, the real secret is as I said. That Brad Meltzer has pulled off the practical joke of the year. And it is a joke.

For you see...

Identity Crisis is a Killing Joke. And what, you may ask, is the punchline?

The butler did it.

Have a nice day. "