• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Bombshell Variants

36 posts in this topic

**I know there's a topic already in the General section, but nothing here for collecting. So figured on starting a new thread in the Modern section.**

Anyone here getting those Bombshell variants? I have one copy each of Earth 2, Action Comics, and Green Lantern waiting for me at my LCS. If there are more available when I pick them up, I may get a couple more of the Action Comics variant.

I wonder what the secondary market reaction will be. Some of these like the Harley variant will be well stocked, same goes for the bat books. Batgirl and Batman / R'as al Ghul will probably be the lowest ordered of the bat books along with JLA being another straggler.

I don't think there's going to be any one big winner here like there was with the 3D variants.

Just don't pay extra-- they were available to retailers at the normal cover price, not like a limited variant, for as many as they wanted.

Initial order only.

They ship out of print.

Elegant concept.

Muddy execution.

Over designed.

Sets will be great in 90 days...

Picked up Green Lantern, Earth 2 and Action Comics. Not a HUGE DC fan, but the girl behind the counter knows I love variants and held them back for me so I felt obligated. Now I'll have to get the whole set. Dang ocd!

Just picked mine up at the LCS and the ones I got aren't that great. Unfortunately for me, there weren't any left in the store. Next time, I'll have to get there earlier for my pick up just in case the books aren't up to par.

I thought they were releasing a Black Canary one. I think it's on Green Arrow.

Green Arrow dropped this week, but there was no Bombshell variant for it.

Oh, wow, you're right. And my LCS said there was no Bombshell cover for preorder on Catwoman -- but it looks like that was changed.

A little disappointed -- that Black Canary cover was one of my favorites.

I ordered a few of them, mostly for the books I would be ordering anyways, the Green Lantern books and Justice League books, with the exception of Detective Comics which I ordered just for the Poison Ivy cover.

I think it would have been interesting to see what they could have come up with for other titles that they didn't do but I suppose sales of those books aren't high enough to justify it.