• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #105 cover - as good as it gets!

46 posts in this topic

Somewhere along the way this thread got a little tacky thru no fault of Hari's :insane:

It's OK! I like hearing opinions, and I like going to those covers and seeing what others find cool about them. With this thread, I have certainly gone and looked at all the Hulk covers that have been made. Hasn't changed my mind, but it's been fun nonetheless :)

Hari Here is a list from a Trimpe and Hulk fan...

1) 115

2) 169

3) 116

4) 175

5) 179

6) 205

7) 114

8) 163

9) 144

10) 139

11) 204

12) 187

I would take any and all of these over the 105. I do like Marie Severin and the 105 cover.

I would rate some other Hulk covers also above 105 Hulk 1-6 any. Hulk special 1 , 193, 197, 200, Tales to Astonish 67,77,87,91,93. Just my opinion Dom.

Hi Dom,

Thanks for posting. Did you grow up in the 70s with this run, or discover it later? I read in the 80s and 90s, so I went back and discovered all the previous artists. When I was collecting comics, there were certain covers that just jumped out, and somehow none of them (except 181) were by Trimpe. And 181 honestly jumped out mainly because of its historic importance... it probably wouldn't have on its own. I didn't even like most of the TTA run on him, actually. It wasn't until the relaunch at 102 that the covers seemed more dynamic. I hate cluttered covers, much preferring large images that jump off the page, which was really classic for the Marvel House style. I think that's why the Trimpe covers didn't do it for me. Too busy. That being said, there are still some (particularly the early ones) that have the feel I'm looking for. And, I do think eventually I'll find myself an example I'm happy to own.

Hari

Hari, Yes I did grow up in the 70s with this run. I was also somewhat exposed to the 60s stuff with Marvel Superheroes reprints of Tales to Astonish from around issue 88 and The Early run of Incredible Hulks until 110. Twice the Incredible Hulk Exposure ALL good. First Incredible Hulk issue around 159? I purchased the Incredible Hulk 180 and 181 off a 7-Eleven spinner rack on the same day!!! The 181 is nice and historic, the story was great still not on my list.I also could add to my list Incredible Hulk 223, 248. My wife also hates Busy covers so I can relate. Again I really like the Hulk 105 cover. With or without money I would stand by my list. My favorite Hulk artists are as follows Sal Buscema, Herb Trimpe love his rogues gallery, Gil Kane , Romita sr, Kirby, and Marie Severin. again just my opinion, Best Dom.