• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #105 cover - as good as it gets!

46 posts in this topic

Just picked up the cover to Incredible Hulk #105. I have always loved those first 10 or so issues by Marie Severin on this run. It screamed classic Silver Age to me in a way that I had only seen done by Kirby. She is a unique talent. Of all the Hulk covers, this is in my all-time top 3. The only covers I like as much or better are Cap 110 and Hulk 104. Those aren't coming around anytime soon!

This particular image was used everywhere, and is still used on almost all Marvel merchandise that features covers. Interestingly, Marvel also used the X-Men 105 cover a lot on these merchandised products, another cover I own. I have the wallet that has both of them on it :)

Enjoy, guys. I am overjoyed with this one. Special thanks to Glen Brunswick for agreeing to sell it. I had asked him a while back but the timing wasn't right. Fast forward and now it's mine!

Link:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1133766

Best,

Awesome cover! And, now I know why the Hulk is always so mad - he only has four toes!

Well, the more you bulk up, the smaller some things look. It's a sad truth that he learned a bit too late :)

It is funny, though. Either it's a mistake or mean to imply the fifth is behind the fourth (see the corner box art); many times it did look like only four toes on prior covers too. When I see Marie, I'll ask her!

yes, and ask her if she was the AF15 donor while you are at it :gossip:

When I was at the Library of Congress ( early on when they just had the pages) I chatted a bit with curator Sara Duke when she showed me the art and asked if Marie Severin was the donor. She told me the donor wished to remain anonymous but that it wasn't Marie. No idea if she was leading me on or not but she's a pretty straight talker (shrug)

I also thought it was Marie as the library also had some Marie Severin original art in their collection.

Oh and Hari, killer page. Congrats :applause:

great cover... i thought i paid high when i bought it at heritage a few years ago for 15k..but looks like my instincts were correct... this one has that Frankenstein feel to it and i always loved that..and that was the reason i bought it! It's a very good cover...but i feel there are easily 10-15 Herb trimpe's Hulk covers i'd rather have over this one.