• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectacular Spidey 25 should be Peter Parker: Pedophile

124 posts in this topic

Okay let me ask you this. Assume you are 20 years old. I give you a "special" medicine that will age you 30 years.

How old are you after the injection?

Are you talking about "aging" chronologically? Like the injection will somehow move me through time 30 years?

In that case, I would be 50.

If you mean "aging" me physically, it would mean I would be 20.

Aging as in you would exhibit all the criteria of someone for that age in all respects. You would be that age. It's not a trick question. You would not be 50 and feel 20. You would feel as if you were 50.

Okay let me ask you this. Assume you are 20 years old. I give you a "special" medicine that will age you 30 years.

How old are you after the injection?

Are you talking about "aging" chronologically? Like the injection will somehow move me through time 30 years?

In that case, I would be 50.

If you mean "aging" me physically, it would mean I would be 20.

Aging as in you would exhibit all the criteria of someone for that age in all respects. You would be that age. It's not a trick question. You would not be 50 and feel 20. You would feel as if you were 50.

You just loaded your question fuller than your diaper, Pervlok.

Again, just because you're attracted to underage girls doesn't mean you have to justify it to us... but please, consider chemical castration.

(The other kind is fine, too.) thumbsup2.gif

The key word there being "feel". No matter what age you would be "feeling", you would still be 20.

I do not see how this concept eludes some people.

Let's say Gwen's daughter was born 8 years ago, yet looks/feels like she is 20+.

Can she vote? No

Can she get married? No

Can she sign a contract? No

Could Pete legally do the nasty with her? No

Case closed.

seems to me that the girl has a 20-something year old body, but emotionally, can only be between 8 and 20 years old. Just because the stupid formula aged her body prematurely, she has still only been alive and interacting with people and situations for only 8 years. But, since she was probably not gurgling "da-da" for the first 2 years like a normal baby would, she's probably just a VERY VERY precocious (and hot! forgive me--) 12 year old!! Certainly not anywhere near 20. Then again, she may be more like the hooker in Taxi Driver: she was only 12 but christ was she an OLD 12 given her life experiences... Hey - - I wonder how good Gwen's daughter is with chrome bumpers? watch out Tiger!! growwwwrl!

I guess I am still not understanding how you guys view this. It would seem to me if you accept the idea that Norman's enhanced blood allows Gwen's children to age rapidly, then it goes with the idea that they would mature and learn just as rapidly. So even though they have only been around for 8 years, they have the same growth a 20+ year old would. During the time the spent growing up they learned at a much more excelerated pace than someone with a normal growth pattern.

I just don't undertsand how they would attempt to explain how she is still only 8 years old without being creepy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, Pervlok, I can't believe I'm going to have to explain this to you, but...

She's CHRONOLOGICALLY 8 YEARS OLD. Are you attracted to underage girls? Do you think fourteen year-olds have "hot bodies"? Would you "do them", if given the opportunity?

Your arguments indicate that you would. The others here are trying to express that it is a sick thing and your preferences are distasteful to them.

Seek therapy. Thx.™

Speaking of which, I was watching Lindsay Lohan today on Goodmorning America(?) promoting her new album and that somewhat provocative video of hers. The audience was filled with older women, moms of the pre-teen female audience... I felt icky just watching the whole thing...I think I need help crazy.gif

The key word there being "feel". No matter what age you would be "feeling", you would still be 20.

Let's say Gwen's daughter was born 8 years ago, yet looks/feels like she is 20+.

Can she vote? No

Can she get married? No

Can she sign a contract? No

Could Pete legally do the nasty with her? No

Case closed.

Yet you have no problem believing that Superheroes exist? Maybe you think you are a Superhero also?

Who says she can't vote? Can't get marries? Can't sign a contract? Who says?

Yet you have no problem believing that Superheroes exist? Maybe you think you are a Superhero also?

banghead.gif

He's not really this stupid, he's just being argumentative. Unfortunately, he's usually more fun than this...

confused-smiley-013.gifdevil.gif

Stan Lee!!

Hmmm...so you believe in flying, lasers eye-vision, teleportation power, etc., but fake ID's don't exist that would allow you to vote, get married, and sign contracts?

interesting.

seems to me that the girl has a 20-something year old body, but emotionally, can only be between 8 and 20 years old. Just because the stupid formula aged her body prematurely, she has still only been alive and interacting with people and situations for only 8 years. But, since she was probably not gurgling "da-da" for the first 2 years like a normal baby would, she's probably just a VERY VERY precocious (and hot! forgive me--) 12 year old!! Certainly not anywhere near 20. Then again, she may be more like the hooker in Taxi Driver: she was only 12 but christ was she an OLD 12 given her life experiences... Hey - - I wonder how good Gwen's daughter is with chrome bumpers? watch out Tiger!! growwwwrl!

I guess I am still not understanding how you guys view this. It would seem to me if you accept the idea that Norman's enhanced blood allows Gwen's children to age rapidly, then it goes with the idea that they would mature and learn just as rapidly. So even though they have only been around for 8 years, they have the same growth a 20+ year old would. During the time the spent growing up they learned at a much more excelerated pace than someone with a normal growth pattern.

I just don't undertsand how they would attempt to explain how she is still only 8 years old without being creepy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Im not talking about "learning"... if you want to say that these twins have learned enough to go to Harvard - - okay, Ill agree. BUT - - Im saying that they would be less mature than those 14 year old nerd types that we hear about who get into Harvard but are way behind emotionally when they get there. see what Im getting at? Theyve only had a few years of personal interaction, and, all of it as a child in a woman's body. Not exactly a normal learning childhood's experiences I dont think.

Im not talking about "learning"... if you want to say that these twins have learned enough to go to Harvard - - okay, Ill agree. BUT - - Im saying that they would be less mature than those 14 year old nerd types that we hear about who get into Harvard but are way behind emotionally when they get there. see what Im getting at? Theyve only had a few years of personal interaction, and, all of it as a child in a woman's body. Not exactly a normal learning childhood's experiences I dont think.

Again you are applying real world dynamics to comics. Assume that Norman's blood allowed the kids to mature faster than we do. So that by age, say "4", they hit puberty. Their maturity was accelerated to match their age.

With Osborn resources, they could have learned a great deal about life and the world in the time growing up. I will conceed that they may not have very much practical application in some areas, but that would not mean they were not be old enough until they experienced those things.

Yes, for all intents they have been around for 8 years, I get that. But in terms of development they are not 8 year olds. They are fully functioning adults.

Is this comic already on the shelves? If not, we could:

(a) Preorder 4-5 cases of this issue;

(b) When it hits the market, raise a stink about the cover so that shelf copies are withdrawn;

© Put our issues up for bid on eBay;

(d) Sit back and watch sweet capitalism at work. gossip.gif

(b) When it hits the market, raise a stink about the cover so that shelf copies are withdrawn;

Count me in! thumbsup2.gif

Count me in! thumbsup2.gif

Me too! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Although it might get our local shops in trouble with the law!

Well, what would you say about the "Gwen clone" that appeared in ASM #144? The clone was probably only created/born a couple of years prior to her appearance and yet she looked to be of college age. Would you say she was only two years old or 20?

Making it with an 8-year old is, of course, very wrong, sick and criminal. But given all the ridiculousness in this storyline with the accelerated aging/learning/maturation, we're really not comparing apples to apples here, are we? I really don't see a problem from a moral point of view given that this is a ludicrous piece of comic fiction to begin with. If we should be morally offended by anything, it's that this character exists in the first place and that JMS has gotten away with 893censored-thumb.gifing in the face of us longtime Marvel/Spidey/Gwen fans.

Well, what would you say about the "Gwen clone" that appeared in ASM #144? The clone was probably only created/born a couple of years prior to her appearance and yet she looked to be of college age. Would you say she was only two years old or 20?

Making it with an 8-year old is, of course, very wrong, sick and criminal. But given all the ridiculousness in this storyline with the accelerated aging/learning/maturation, we're really not comparing apples to apples here, are we? I really don't see a problem from a moral point of view given that this is a ludicrous piece of comic fiction to begin with. If we should be morally offended by anything, it's that this character exists in the first place and that JMS has gotten away with ing in the face of us longtime Marvel/Spidey/Gwen fans.

If you are really keen to keep this dead horse going...

We aren't talking about a clone here, but the child of Peter's dead girlfriend. Yes, it's offensive to me that JMS decided to have Gwen give birth to these kids in secret years ago, and even more so that Norman Osborn is the father of these kids. My response to this was to drop buying Amazing Spider-Man after 20 years. I have no interest in buying or reading the issue of Spectacular under discussion.

But that still doesn't prevent me from being offended further by the concept of Peter Parker, a married man, making out with the child of his lost love who happens to look like an adult but is in reality ~8 years old. Yes, I think we all understand that this is a "fictional" reality, but the concept is still an offensive one because we, like Peter in the story, know that she is Gwen's "child" and advanced aging or not, she is still a "child".

As for the Gwen clone in ASM 144, she was later revealed not to be a clone at all in Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #8. In that issue the High Evolutionary captures and studies the Gwen clone after she discovers that Peter is Spider-Man. The High Evolutionary concludes that she is not a clone but rather a genetic construct. Daydreamer of the Young Gods later clears her mind of the "illusion" of being a clone of Gwen Stacy. Turns out she was another one of Professor Warren's students that Warren had kidnapped. So she was a college-aged girl after all and there isn't any legal question other than, if they had "done it" - who really gave consent? The Gwen template or the person who the template was grafted on to.

But that still doesn't prevent me from being offended further by the concept of Peter Parker, a married man, making out with the child of his lost love who happens to look like an adult but is in reality ~8 years old. Yes, I think we all understand that this is a "fictional" reality, but the concept is still an offensive one because we, like Peter in the story, know that she is Gwen's "child" and advanced aging or not, she is still a "child".

That's the point Kevin, she is not a child at all. She is a fully functional adult. Most of you are hung up on the amount of time she has spent in the Marvel U., which is only 8 years. She doesn't just look like an adult, she is an adult, in all respects.