• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectacular Spidey 25 should be Peter Parker: Pedophile

124 posts in this topic

So let me get this straight, you want to apply our real life laws to a comic book? Is that right?

Yes. That's why we find it creepy Chester.

Kinda makes you wonder what sorts of comic books Pervlok's reading, no? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

So let me get this straight, you want to apply our real life laws to a comic book? Is that right?

Okay, Kevin. Then I guess you must find it weird that people can fly and lift really heavy objects and on and on. These are comics, real world rules don't apply. So when a person is said to age rapidly, they are not 8 years old.

Whatever, it's sad when you guys can't understand comic books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just don't undertsand how they would attempt to explain how she is still only 8 years old without being creepy

It's creepy because it looks like Peter is going for it. If it showed her making the move and he was shocked, it would be different. He knows her age. The cover is in bad taste and it shows him two-timing MJ. Another strike against it.

That's what I said was wrong about the cover, is that he is cheating on MJ. Otherwise he is making out with a 20+ year old.

Okay, Kevin. Then I guess you must find it weird that people can fly and lift really heavy objects and on and on. These are comics, real world rules don't apply. So when a person is said to age rapidly, they are not 8 years old.

Whatever, it's sad when you guys can't understand comic books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's a difference between accepting a fella who can pick up a dump truck and drop kick it a country mile and accepting a fella who wants to commit statutory rape.

Whatever, it's creepy when you can't understand that you're sick in the head. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's a difference between accepting a fella who can pick up a dump truck and drop kick it a country mile and accepting a fella who wants to commit statutory rape.

Whatever, it's creepy when you can't understand that you're sick in the head. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Aaaahh, the irony of you calling someone else sick in the head. 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Hey, don't associate MY sickness with YOUR kind of sickness, Chester.

Whatever, it's sad when you guys can't understand comic books.

I don't find it weird at all. There aren't any laws that say you can't fly or lift really heavy objects in this world or the fictional world of the Marvel Universe, which is modelled after our own. Unless they're into pedophilia one can assume that there are laws against doing 8 year olds in the Marvel universe....

"But I swear she looked 18 officer!!!" doesn't mean squat in the Marvel universe either.

Legally she can't vote. Nor can she purchase alcohol or, in theory, buy cigarettes, go to a restriced movie, etc.

No more from you, I have to go watch Simpson's Treehouse of Horror. popcorn.gif

893whatthe.gif WHICH ONE?!?!?!? (Tell me it's the one with Bob Dole and Bill Clinton and the body-swap with Kodos and Kang!!)

893whatthe.gif WHICH ONE?!?!?!? (Tell me it's the one with Bob Dole and Bill Clinton and the body-swap with Kodos and Kang!!)

"The shinning" cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Willie (with axe freshly implanted in back): "Ach! I'm bad at this!"

"No TV and No Beer Make Homer...something...something."

"No TV and No Beer Make Homer...something...something."

893applaud-thumb.gif Damn, I'm jealous... I only have that episode on VHS and my VCR died lonnnnng ago.

I just don't undertsand how they would attempt to explain how she is still only 8 years old without being creepy

It's creepy because it looks like Peter is going for it. If it showed her making the move and he was shocked, it would be different. He knows her age. The cover is in bad taste and it shows him two-timing MJ. Another strike against it.

That's what I said was wrong about the cover, is that he is cheating on MJ. Otherwise he is making out with a 20+ year old.

Who happens to be 8.

So when a person is said to age rapidly, they are not 8 years old.

Yes she is. Time is a constant. She has been alive in comic book land for 8 years. She is therefore 8 years old.

You do realize that there are diseases (like progeria) that affect children and accelerate the aging process. So we do have 8 year olds that look much, much older (like grannies) so I assume you'd have no problem depicting them in 'adult" situations.

So when a person is said to age rapidly, they are not 8 years old.

Yes she is. Time is a constant. She has been alive in comic book land for 8 years. She is therefore 8 years old.

You do realize that there are diseases (like progeria) that affect children and accelerate the aging process. So we do have 8 year olds that look much, much older (like grannies) so I assume you'd have no problem depicting them in 'adult" situations.

So these same diseases allow those afflicted to have their learning ability accelerated and speech and thought patterns altered to match their apparent age? So that they would be indistingshable with those who are much older?

Again, you are trying to apply the real world to a comic book.

Okay let me ask you this. Assume you are 20 years old. I give you a "special" medicine that will age you 30 years.

How old are you after the injection?

Are you talking about "aging" chronologically? Like the injection will somehow move me through time 30 years?

In that case, I would be 50.

If you mean "aging" me physically, it would mean I would be 20.