• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please give your opinion on Tec 34

37 posts in this topic

Oh and my guess: 6.5

but they tend to be a little generous on PLODs (remember the infamous JIM 83 that was 6.0 Blue then 7.0 PLOD then 6.0 Blue again?) so it might be in the 7s.

timern 7.0

oakman29 6.0-7.0

The-Collector 6.0-7.0

rjpb 8.0

Point Five 6.5-8.0

ROBTOTHEC 7.5

Mmanick 7.5

Let's try keep it to a specific grade.

in that case I will go with 7.0

Me too 7.0 (thumbs u

timern 7.0

oakman29 7.0

The-Collector 7.0

rjpb 8.0

Point Five 8.0

ROBTOTHEC 7.5

Mmanick 7.5

Primetime 6.5

Thor Odinson-1970 7.0

Aces 6.5

comicshark 7.5

Vision75 8.0

:news:

CGC graded the book 8.0 MP

Congrats to all that guessed correctly ( and that played honestly ) :applause:

To all the rest, CGC should hire you folks. We need tight graders ;)

Thank you all !

Thanks for posting Peter. I saw some of your earlier comments regarding if the book deserved the grade, so I assumed the grade was on the generous side (thumbs u

I thought the grade was generous as well. HA Archives has a number of scans of this book, many with the restored label and this book felt right at home with the other 7.0 books in my opinion. The 8.0 surprises me especially when compared to some of the other 8.0's on file. :o

But hey I didn't actually get to hold the book in hand. Do you think you'll go ahead with the acquisition Peter? :)

Unless I can get the book for a song, I will wait it out. There are 5 in 8.0 R.

I think you are correct in waiting or getting for a song! Don't Step On My Blue Suede Shoes?coffeescreen.gif

Good luck with your search, I'd be curious how you make out?

What is the nature of the restoration, as I think this is potentially more important than the assigned grade.

ct, pcs added, tr seals, cleaned, reinforced

Happy to see my guess was right, though I was hedging. I'll stress that was an estimation of what CGC might give and not my own grade, which would have been more in the 7.0/7.5 range based on the scan.

If it were a book I were looking for, deciding to pass or not would be dictated more by price and not grade. Pieces added is always a little tough for me, as one has to guess where and how much by the level of restoration, and I tend to err on the side of caution - assuming a book like this was probably no better than a 4.0 prior to resto, and maybe no better than a 2.0. The question should be what is the FMV of the lowest Universal grade you would probably take this copy over, not what is the percentage of FMV of an unrestored 8.0 you'd be willing to pay.

A 8.0 would likely have to be in or around 4.5-5.0 to stay under moderate. Depends on the book, and its problems. Some can be fixed and raise the grade a lot without much work done. Split covers especially.

Kenny